Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I Apoligise

I Apoligise 11 years 9 months ago #7021

• Ray Smith
I would like to apoligise to EVERYBODY concerned on this board including OF COURSE Steve himself. My original posting was done tongue in cheek..with beers (most of us had a few) ...well that's what it should have been.. but I didn't spend the time to think what I was posting of course but it was all took out of control, I got angry at comments against me and the rest is history. I won't answer anyone's comments, but simply enough to say I'm very very sorry that all this blown up as it did after a wonderful event that we just witnessed.

I can see reading back on my original post how it can read different of course and I sit humble and sad of all the outcome I've caused.

I could say more but I'm hoping what I say here is enough for the board to move forward.

May Steve continue to please us for many many years to come.

Andy, please ban me from posting in the future.

Thank you, Ray
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:I Apoligise 11 years 9 months ago #7026

• eddiemccreadie
we all make mistakes ray, especially with a wee glow in us. as far as im concerned...all is forgiven.

Re:I Apoligise 11 years 9 months ago #7029

• dave e
Sorry? Your apology would have been more credible had it been done yesterday and not a few hours after 'your mate Steve' had not called your comments absurd and you realised you had shot yourself in the foot.
Everybody had waited a long time for this fantastic concert and your drunken rant deflected the spotlight away from all the other posts praising the efforts not only of Steve himself but of everybody else who made the evening such a triumph.
SUCH A SHAME

Re:I Apoligise 11 years 9 months ago #7032

• midge
Hi Ray, don't beat yourselve up over this and try not to take the comments directed at you personally. It'll all blow over soon enough and you contribute a hell of a lot to this site. On the positive side, your comments probably motivated a lot of people to contibute to that topic and say how much they enjoyed the concert, whereas they possibly wouldn't have posted anything at all. Well done for apologising so gracefully and as you say, let's move forward.

Re:I Apoligise 11 years 9 months ago #7033

• RachelPAtoSH
Trick is, Ray, stay clear of the email when you've had a few.
Kiss of death.
I did it once, several years ago.
Felt so ill next day, reading what I'd sent and to whom.
Jeez, read it late, but don't respond or contribute.
That's the trick - stay clear of email when you've had a few.
I'll never allow Andy to ban you.
It's up to you: ban yourself, if you think that's sensible.
At least, ban yourself after you've had a few, eh.
Apology accepted,and I have to say thanks to all who got involved in this thoroughly pointless point, as both sides of the discussion have been fun and educating to read. Just above my note, here and now, Dave e is on the button, but then Midge is right too. You couldn't make it up...
Steve
Good night.

Re:I Apoligise 11 years 9 months ago #7037

• jollyroger
The voice of reason. Well spoken, Steve. Great show, btw. Amazing to see and hear the whole evening.
  • Page: