Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Anticipation of the acoustic tour

Re:The Anticipation of the acoustic tour 11 years 9 months ago #7165

• My Only Vice
Graeme, have you looked at Jas Sansi's great pics of the Symphony Hall event? Have you seen what James Lascelles is wearing? A cardigan, if I'm not mistaken. I speak neither for nor against the cardy, but it seems you have esteemed company my friend. It could just be the new rock 'n roll attire!

I'll be at the Norwich gig in my trusty old SHCRUK2001 T shirt, which has done some miles now. Really looking forward to the acoustic set. I'm taking a friend who rates The Psychomodo in his top 5 albums of all time, but who has never seen Steve play live.
I'd hide if I could, but I'm red in a yellow sea . . .
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Anticipation of the acoustic tour 11 years 9 months ago #7168

• joanna
Hi Stewart
"The Stables" tonight ....... taking the sons little banger slowly...
Looking forward to it almost MORE than BIRMINGHAM in some ways.
Enjoy Manchester.
Smile x

Re:The Anticipation of the acoustic tour 11 years 9 months ago #7174

• stewart g
Jo...have a safe trip and a great gig! Look forward to your review! :)

Re: The Anticipation of the acoustic tour 11 years 9 months ago #7187

• Pandorah
After a such a fabulous exciting concert at the symphony hall in Birmingham going to the stables last night I had my doubts anything would ever exceed the joy or thrills of that evening, but folks I can honestly say that last night in that homely little theatre at wavendon I was amazingly surprised beyond belief ! Astonished! From the very first song to the last those three musicians on stage delivered a masterpiece, full of delight drenched in colour, a harlequin.
To me it was like being offered a bag of marbles as a child and picking through them one by one with wonder! The multi-coloured fascination of each and every one picked from the bag. No surprise as to what they were but the fascination of discovering that none of them were ever going to be the same as the one before! That’s what those three Guys do to them songs on stage, deliver them in such a way that they are never going to be the same twice, which is why I can happily say to anyone who says
“Surely you know all the songs, and how it’s going to be! And what’s coming next! You’ve heard it all before “
WELL NO. ACTUALLY! That’s just it! It’s always full of delightful surprises, a kaleidoscope of colour! Oh and sometimes in that intriguing bag of delights you discover seeming so rare that it just makes you jump for joy! That special sphere, the one you’d never seen before! The one you’d known about but never seen! That unique one, special amongst all the others! Last night was a bag of sheer delight! A mixture full of surprises, brilliant. And I just hope nobody spoils the magic by spilling the beans! Or In this case marbles  on the floor, before you all get to see these acoustic delights. !
Shhh! I’m saying nothing! Just that you’ll all love it.

Oh for those who think I may have lost me marbles! I can assure you I am of sound mind  quite pure with clarity when it comes to that Mans Music.

Re:The Anticipation of the acoustic tour 11 years 9 months ago #7188

• Pandorah
joanna wrote:
Hi Stewart
"The Stables" tonight ....... taking the sons little banger slowly...
Looking forward to it almost MORE than BIRMINGHAM in some ways.
Enjoy Manchester.

hey Joe! lovely to meet you last light , and I do hope you had a safe journey home.

we were saying on the way home in the car, blimey poor Joes got a 3 hour drive ! then I thought " ah she'll be fine "!
I used to do the brook in southampton from dunstable there and back in a night ! some times It was just a timeless flight to me :-) i'd just stick on some Harley and in no time I'd be at my door wondering where the time had gone !

im looking at the fourum website again today ! the 13th !funny that ! I was looking at tickets yesterday for the 13th !always did like to do the first and last ! oh and a few in between lol.
hmm ! anyway Joe! do hope you got home safe and next time your ever down/up this way Im happy for you to stop over , save you that long journey in the dead of night.

Re:The Anticipation of the acoustic tour 11 years 9 months ago #7197

• joanna
Hey there :)
So good to meet you too.....loved your coat/dress.
Ahhh thanks,Yes the journey was clear and fine apart from the fact that ALL my cd`s, (the only music I have in the car.....errrr who could that be ?) were in my car at home... listen to me... oh person of many cars !!
I did have the radio on once Id found it and fixed it in eventually the right way up. !! :laugh: Safety conscious son had it stowed in the glove box... go that boy..."come on barry come on Barry".. his favorite quote after The Brook.
I may just take you up on the stop over next time. need to zzz now. STILL smiling. :woohoo:
Cheers Jo (p.s drop that "e" pleeeease)
Smile x