Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NRCM

NRCM 11 years 9 months ago #7215

• RebelRoxy
Tonight was brilliant, I was still on a high from Birmingham. Steve u made one fan very happy by playing love compared and last time I saw you
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:NRCM 11 years 9 months ago #7219

• Bill Mackem
I have to agree _ last night's concert was just brilliant. The set list was superb and agree with other posting about the cheer for Stranger comes to town , which is just a superb track. James and Barry at their best - all in all a very relaxed performance by all. Why oh why do people watch it through a. 2 inch smartphone screen instead of just sitting back and appreciating the show. I used to laugh when Steve got annoyed at these intrusions. Now I'm getting annoyed at seeing - sometimes for the full length of a concert - these screens lit up.
Anyway rant over - off up the M6 to Glasgow to Oran Mor which I know is a complete sell out and should be brilliant

Re:NRCM 11 years 9 months ago #7233

• kevlad
Yep....another awesome showing from Steve and the lads, in what was a superb setting. Its no wonder he loves playing in Manchester and the like, when seeing receptions and unprompted participation like that. The guy positively lights up(International 2 all those moons ago has obviously left a lifetime impression on him...as it did for those there)

BBC 4/Jools where are you? Give this man some airtime!

Re:NRCM 11 years 9 months ago #7236

• mick_mckenzie
Great night. Love it when he plays stuff you really didn't expect.

Re.> mobile phones - I'd cob people out if they can't switch them off for a couple of hours. Same for those who consistently chat through the quiet songs (not a problem where i was last night, but it has been in the past).

As for the International 2 - anyone who was there will know why it's a fond memory. Unfortunately it was knocked down, and there's a block of flats or offices or something there these days.

Mick