Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: White, White Dooove

White, White Dooove 11 years 9 months ago #7216

• Graeme
Who was that mystery man coo cooing 'White,White Dooove' to Mr Harley's question "What was 'Throw your soul down here' the B side of"? Trust me,your secret's safe with me Mr Griffin.Doh! Great packed out acoustic gig tonight at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester with what must have been the 1st ever live performance of the above mentioned 'Throw your soul down here'. It sounded great. Totally different gig to the Birmingham Symphony Hall extravaganza, but every bit as enjoyable. Never the same twice. Wonderful! B)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:White, White Dooove 11 years 9 months ago #7217

• Philca
Well said Graeme, summed it up brilliantly, and who else would know where 'Throw Your Soul Down Here' originated from......good job the chief archivist was in the audience tonight, well done to popmaster Stew Griffin!
In all the years I've followed Steve Harley, tonight's concert at the RNCM in Manchester has to be top of the pile for setlist quality, it was an unbelievable selection of songs.
Interestingly enough, one of the loudest cheers of the night was for one of Steve's more recent songs...'Stranger Comes To Town'. says it all really, the man just gets better and better as time goes on. And as for Barry Wickens and James Lascalles....they are both astoundingly good musicians in every respect. A wonderful evening, and unless anyone finds they have a spare ticket for Pocklington, it was my last gig of 2012, but what a way to finish! :-)

Re: White, White Dooove 11 years 9 months ago #7218

• Boxsterboy
Absolute quality show tonight

Re:White, White Dooove 11 years 9 months ago #7221

• stewart g
Great show last night.Packed Theatre and a really good set list.Took a long time friend with me last night for his first ever Harley gig..he was well impressed, another convert!! :)

Re:White, White Dooove 11 years 9 months ago #7222

• Graeme
"Popmaster"! Did you know Phil that our music maestro Mr Griffin once won that on Ken Bruce's show on R2?

Re:White, White Dooove 11 years 9 months ago #7223

• nettynod
Another fantastic night, amazing set and fantastic audience, oh, apart from the woman in front of me (row 2 left) who spent the evening texting and dazzling me by the light of her phone and who wouldnt put it away when requested by a number of ppl sat on same row as me.

Steve, Barry amd James looked like they were having a blast as well. My last gig for this year, cant wait for next tour dates to be announced.