Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Irish at Birmingham! Cavaliers stole the show

The Irish at Birmingham! Cavaliers stole the show 11 years 9 months ago #7278

• murphy
Hi All, just a note on the show at Birmingham. Just like Glastonbury abbey, eight of us travelled over from Ireland for a few days and were blown away by the quality of the whole gig. By that I mean, Steve, the venue, the musicians, the background staff and dont forget the original conductor/arranger who put on a show of his own!

We were not dissapointed! Highlight no dought about it for me (Brendan) was Cavaliers. Yes we all love Sebastian and great to hear and see Death trip but Cavaliers to me and many is a masterpiece, performed by master atrists not forgetting the amazing percussion, sax and enthusiam by the other Steve on stage, yes he quiet obviously adores what he does, it showed.
fantastic once off gig.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Irish at Birmingham! Cavaliers stole the show 11 years 9 months ago #7285

• Jack
Could not agree more my friend. I travelled down from Glasgow and hearing Cavaliers in all its glory was what I wanted to hear above all the rest. The great man did not disappoint. The concert was simply immense.

Re:The Irish at Birmingham! Cavaliers stole the show 11 years 9 months ago #7287

• kevlad
Would have to agree with that Brendan. An absolute masterpiece spine-tingingly performed by all concerned.
Along with Ritz, i could/do listen to it endlessly, even now some 38 years later.