Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pocklington

Pocklington 11 years 9 months ago #7281

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
So after the euphoria of The Symphony hall,we were looking forward to something different at the 3 man shows,and wow did we get it or what! Aborted trip to The Stables for me due to the snow and ice in Scotland the previous night and the next morning delayed my journey back home by six hours.So no way could I get to MK in time,sent a text to Mark (the Phantom) TO apologise to Cheri and Kathy,as I was sitting with them,but Mark filled the empty seat for me and looked after the Californian girls,so no problems.
Next up for me on this 40 year expedition was Pocklington in North Yorkshire,no mishaps this time,knocked off work at lunchtime to be on the safe side! Picked the lovely Julie Brown up from her home in West Yorkshire,and got to meet her fantastic Mum,what a cracking lady she is ! Fifty minutes or so later we arrived in the sleepy little Hamlet of Pocklington,looking very seasonal with frost as thick as a dockers butty everywhere and all the Chrissy lights on.
Time for a quick booze next door to the venue, a lovely glass of red for Jules,and of course the obligatory pint of real ale for me,(Jennings Cumberland Ale actually and very nice it was too)! So next door we went,front row seats,not a lot of familiar faces,but one or two Jules and myself recognised from previous Yorkshire shows. The Three Amigos walk out on stage (well there wasn't one really),Steve just stood at our feet in front of us,only protected from Julies grasp by the sound monitors between us. Brilliant start with Red is a mean,mean colour,Bed in the corner and Sling it! and the highlight of the night came next for me,one I had never seen live in 40 years of Steve's concerts,Throw your soul down here,and bloody wonderful it was too!
Wont spoil it anymore for people off to London tonight,suffice to say the rest of the night was full of surprises,and Barry and James just get better and better.A superb night in a tiny little venue,but it was all the better for that,so intimate and personal.People around me were watching Steve perform for the the first time since the seventies,and some for the first time ever. The feedback I got from them was all positive. Full of surprise and delight,and of course me being me,got quite a few to commit to getting online and booking for Buxton in February,because as I told them,the full rock band show is another experience altogether and not to be missed.
Made quite a few very happy with handing out my replenished supply of signed Birmingham flyers,(Thanks Steve once again).All you lucky enough to be at the forum tonight,enjoy and please come back on here or in the guestbook to post your thoughts. Merry Christmas and a Rebellious New Year, Jimbo. SEE YOU IN BUXTON ABOUT EIGHT WEEKS TIME !
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Pocklington 11 years 9 months ago #7282

• therebel
nice post jimbo you bloody charmer might have one of them beers with you in buxton cant wait for it theres not gonna be much elbow room in them seats between me and you mate see you there keep up the good work
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight

Re:Pocklington 11 years 9 months ago #7283

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
well we are at the front mate so those elbows may just have to be leaning on the stage, actually me and thee would make a cracking couple of bouncers at the front there,tweedledee and tweedledum eh? :laugh:
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re: Pocklington 11 years 9 months ago #7303

• Andy Wood
See you in Buxton too.After the Symphony Hall it's my next pilgrimage from Snowdonia.

Re: Pocklington 11 years 8 months ago #7371

• cheri
Jimbo, we missed you at The Stables and Steve expressed dismay backstage that you were stuck in the snow up north and couldn't make the concert. The Phantom took your seat and we had a great time listening to Steve and Barry and James. I'm glad you had a good time in Pocklington. Please give Julie my love; she is a fantastic lady. :)

Cheri