Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Frustrated...

Frustrated... 11 years 9 months ago #7292

• Paul Friett
Set out to drive to the Forum this evening...
Thanks to traffic it was already half an hour past kick off by the time I realised I must have missed a turning and, having turned around as soon as possible, three quarters of an hour by the time I realised I must have missed it again on the way back, so kept driving home...
I have to say Robbie Williams live on Radio 2 did nothing to make me feel any better.
Now at home, while some of you are still watching SH on stage.
Feeling uncharacteristically un-cheerful but hoping you all had a great time!
Paul .
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Frustrated... 11 years 9 months ago #7294

• joanna
Ohhhhh Nooooo............. :( :(
Thats awful.......I feel gutted for you ...really. SO close and yet not to be this time...... no words no words...Flippin traffic roads signs ...traffic .....Oh heck. Deep breathes.
jo
Smile x

Re: Frustrated... 11 years 9 months ago #7295

• RichW
Paul, sorry you missed the gig.

Steve and the boys were bang on both vocally and musically and you missed an excellent show. However,... Im equally frustrated.

You also missed a crowd in row O, who from where I was sitting drowned most of Steve's vocals out with their own rendition of every song. They couldn't even keep time. Despite several glares from most of the people around me, they carried on regardless. Many people close by left the Forum before the interval.

Even more frustrating, people taking their seats really late from the bar, up down, up down, throughout the performance, non stop. So disrespectful to other fans and Steve in my opinion. One song was also stopped because of some idiot down the front with an I Pad or whatever it was.

In future, i'll be checking to see if the venue has a bar within the arena. If it has, I won't be there.

Row O, please post on here your seat numbers next time you go to a gig, i'll be buying on the opposite side.

Very, very frustrating.

Re: Frustrated... 11 years 9 months ago #7296

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Sorry to hear that mate, you missed something special, that's a fact! I remember asking an (ex) mate of mine how long it would take me get from Paddington to Kendal by car and he said about 9 hours!!!! and like the mug that I am, I believed him. So there's me on my lonesome with 6 hours to kill, well, what's a lonely boy to do in the beautiful lake district but av a pint. I met my good friend Lynn the grin that night but that's another story. More tales of Birmingham.Stables and The Forum later as it's late and I need medication (and love). God bless all of you. x

Re:Frustrated... 11 years 9 months ago #7297

• GedKen
Yikes, lost on a cold night as well.

I wanted to be there tonight, but I'm out of work *shudder* and Birmingham was my budget busting treat to myself (what a treat though!).

Well, spring/summer will hopefully bring us all a reprise of the HM/P night in Birmingham. I couldn't miss that.

Steve's auction tonight raised lots of money that will go to helping children and their families through their darkest times and will help to raise the profile of the charity, Step Up.

Thank you to all involved.

Re: Frustrated... 11 years 9 months ago #7302

• Andy Wood
Why oh why do they do it? The shower is the place for goodness sake!