Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Acoustic sets

Acoustic sets 11 years 9 months ago #7314

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
I amazed even myself the other week, I was in a diabetic coma that morning and it took the fantastic ambulance crew an hour to bring me round but when they said they would admit me to hospital for a nights observation, well, the answer was "no thanx, i'm off to the Stables tonight to see the master",I went to work too! That's commitment innit. Speaking of commitment, I linked up with our treasured friends from California at the Stables plus Ros & David, good people trust me. Judy was there too, all the way from Newcastle Australia, triffic gal, I briefly met her in Birmingham and was glad to spend some time with her and cockne3rebel as well as pandorah in M.K. We even got to go back stage and chat with Steve and the boys. What a man. to do that act of kindness after a hard nights work, he even remembered my name and knocked Chelsea a bit. Hmm, I'll forgive that, seein' as he's followed Millwall through thin and thinner!!! Went to the Forum too, each show being incredible yet different in their own way. It's the people you go with or the people you meet there but most importantly it's Steve and his fellow musicians that endear us and keep us coming back for more.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Acoustic sets 11 years 9 months ago #7316

• newiejudy
THE PHANTOM wrote:
I amazed even myself the other week, I was in a diabetic coma that morning and it took the fantastic ambulance crew an hour to bring me round but when they said they would admit me to hospital for a nights observation, well, the answer was "no thanx, i'm off to the Stables tonight to see the master",I went to work too! That's commitment innit. Speaking of commitment, I linked up with our treasured friends from California at the Stables plus Ros & David, good people trust me. Judy was there too, all the way from Newcastle Australia, triffic gal, I briefly met her in Birmingham and was glad to spend some time with her and cockne3rebel as well as pandorah in M.K. We even got to go back stage and chat with Steve and the boys. What a man. to do that act of kindness after a hard nights work, he even remembered my name and knocked Chelsea a bit. Hmm, I'll forgive that, seein' as he's followed Millwall through thin and thinner!!! Went to the Forum too, each show being incredible yet different in their own way. It's the people you go with or the people you meet there but most importantly it's Steve and his fellow musicians that endear us and keep us coming back for more.

Oh Phantom, youi are such a sweetheart saying such nice things. After a hectic morning out shopping (& not being able to find many of the things I wanted to buy, I was not very happy!) I decided to check the site while waiting for the bus (I can do it on my phone) - well what a bad move that was as your posting made me all gooey & emotional & the tears started once again ... not a pretty site at a bus stop ... trying to dab my eyes while no-one looking!!! You always seem to have that effect on me!!!! Anyway, thank you once again for everything, it was so great to meet you (& many others too) - it's got me thinking how wonderful it would be to live over there - I am missing it all so very much. And, I can't believe how friendly Steve, Barry etc were to us as well - can't imagine other stars taking the time to get to know their fans.

So hope to see you again ...

Love
Judy
xxxx

PS please take good care of yourself - I don't want to hear about any more health scares!!!

Re:Acoustic sets 11 years 8 months ago #7369

• cheri
THE PHANTOM wrote:
Hi, Phantom, it's Cheri! :) I'm finally reading the forum after being in England for 17 days, then home sick for a week, then travelling to Montana to spend Christmas and New Years with my ex-boyfriend. I just want to tell you how special you were at Birmingham and Milton Keynes. Harley fans are the best. Thank you so much for giving Kathy and me a ride all the way from Birmingham to Ros's doorstep. We had a great time with you and all of the other great fans. Harley people are the best, and it comes from the top down. Steve is a generous man with a big heart. I feel so fortunate that he gave us some time backstage, it made my trip! :) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Cheri