Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My other favourite artist

My other favourite artist 11 years 5 months ago #7750

• Benethi
I hope people don't mind me posting this - there is a link to Steve Harley, obscure though it is...I'll make you wait for it and post it at the bottom...

My other favourite artist, an independent Australian singer and guitarist by the name of Anne McCue, is currently trying to raise some money to be able to record her next album, 'Even cowgirls play the blues'...she's set up a 'fundraiser page' here.

A few youtube offerings (though they don't come close to doing her justice)

so...the link to Steve Harley...I seem to remember reading somewhere on here, a long time ago, that Steve's dad was a milkman...as is Anne's! (see final song above)
...well I did say it was a bit obscure, I just remember reading it and thinking it was rather a coincidence!

Anyway, with this in mind I just thought I'd promote her campaign here :) Of course the ultimate outcome of this would be for Steve himself to go click on that $2250 'perk' of 'You play on the album' - a duet between the two of them - my dream come true :cheer:

...anyway...
Just to finish off...I for one had a fantastic time at the Birmingham gig, after cycling there from Sheffield (I bet I got wetter than most), couchsurfed at a student's house who also came to the gig, having never heard Cockney Rebel before other than when I sent him the youtube link to Sebastian with orchestra in Norway...but he loved it too...
A couple of weeks ago had another student couchsurf at mine, and I've converted her too, so now hopefully going to the Holmfirth gig in August :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.