Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Suggestions for Manchester bonus tracks!!!

Suggestions for Manchester bonus tracks!!! 11 years 5 months ago #7751

• newiejudy
Well, Steve - you DID ask for any suggestions so here goes ... I would LOVE to hear Mad Mad Moonlight ... or even better - Back to the Farm (if you can still manage the high notes!!) And if you decide to throw in any newer songs - The Last Fest would be brilliant. Can't wait for this time next year, won't be long then.

And, while I'm at it ... some more smaller gigs (like last time - eg The Stables) around the time would be much appreciated, so I can get to see more shows while I'm over there .... ('cause I've got to travel SO far it would be a shame just to get one concert!)

thanks ...
Judy
xxx
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Suggestions for Manchester bonus tracks!!! 11 years 5 months ago #7752

• essexboybilly
Hi Judy - I think you might be disappointed regarding your suggestions, as Mr H has asked for suggestions "of the time" or similar words, meaning songs that fit in with 1973-1974 period of the two albums. The ones you suggest don't have orchestra and choir on them, but I guess Mr Powell can add all that to Rock n Roll Parade and Spaced Out, which are from the period, B-sides, which is more what Steve means as I read it. Can hardly wait for the Live CD of Birmingham to be available.

Re:Suggestions for Manchester bonus tracks!!! 11 years 5 months ago #7753

• essexboybilly
PS haven't read anything from Ali (Ana?) in the US for some time.
Hope you are well and everything ok Ali.

Re:Suggestions for Manchester bonus tracks!!! 11 years 5 months ago #7759

• cheri
Ana is fine. I hear from her fairly regularly on Facebook. She just hasn't posted on the forum for quite awhile. No idea why. Hope this helps.

Cheri

Re:Suggestions for Manchester bonus tracks!!! 11 years 5 months ago #7760

• cheri
Ana is fine. I hear from her fairly regularly on Facebook. She just hasn't posted on the forum for quite awhile. No idea why. Hope this helps.

Cheri

Re:Suggestions for Manchester bonus tracks!!! 11 years 5 months ago #7769

• fatfish59
Not sure how Steve would feel about doing a cover at one of these unique events, but maybe a tip of the bowler to one of his great friends from that era.

What about Left Hand Luke & The Beggar Boys from the brilliant Tanx album? There was a great string arrangement by Tony Visconti & plenty of backing vocals that could be adapted for a choir.

*Now ducks at the suggestion of not playing a SH & CR song*
  • Page: