Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pics From Reading '74

Pics From Reading '74 11 years 5 months ago #7792

• GedKen
I came across a few snaps from Reading '74; if you haven't seen them before they are on the link below.

www.ukrockfestivals.com/reading-74-harley.html

The band aren't listed in the official posters - but there were one or two bands that dropped out - I guess Steve and the band stepped in to help? Looking at Graham and Ray's lists this was just the second public performance as 'Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel'..... with the first being Aylesbury Friars only the night before!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Pics From Reading '74 11 years 5 months ago #7793

• Tglyn
Great pics, looks like brother Ian in the last one

Re:Pics From Reading '74 11 years 5 months ago #7794

• Michael Carraway
Hi Tglyn - I agree, it might look like Mr H's little brother, but that is Francis Monkman, erstwhile Curved Air, playing organ. Ian was about 13 at that time, I believe.

Re: Pics From Reading '74 11 years 5 months ago #7799

• Pandorah
wicked ! just been and looked at them . I remember so wishing I could have been there.

I remember asking my parents. " how far 's reading ? "
and being told

" too far for you to go "

. :-(

Re: Pics From Reading '74 11 years 5 months ago #7801

• GrahamEd
I remember Jim Cregan talking about the performance when I spoke with him a few years ago. He said that the rest of Family (he had just left the band) were down the front, making gestures and generally taking the p___ throughout Steve's set. They thought Steve and co were a little "fey and effeminate" whereas they, Family, were a "lad's band". He said he hardly knew the chords or the stuff he was playing, but under pressure for joining a "bunch of puffs" he came through though didn't he?

Re: Pics From Reading '74 11 years 5 months ago #7805

• Tglyn
Hi Michael....You are quite correct as Ian was born 01 May 1960 the baby of the family as his mum called him. I should have known better as a family member, no doubt I will have my leg pulled about this ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
Expect a public flogging at one of Stevens gigs.
Tony