Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Album Titles

Album Titles 11 years 4 months ago #7887

• GedKen
Looking at the albums lined up on the home page (at the moment) I wondered if anyone knew how some of the album titles came about and/or if they have a back-story at all? 'Best years of our lives' - because of the title track - is that all?), 'Yes you can'? Psychomodo?

'The last time I saw you' is playing at the moment.... beautiful; and the next two tracks are mighty fine as well. :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Album Titles 11 years 4 months ago #7890

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Hi Gedken, I believe the title track for 'Yes you can'(superb album by the way) was named when Steve was in New York City and saw a large black lady crossing the finishing line of aforementioned cities marathon on tv. If i'm wrong I know one of you guys will put me right. I'm off for a rest now as in a spot of discomfort but will be back soon, Pandorah phoned me, we had us a chat. xxx

Re:Album Titles 11 years 4 months ago #7894

• cheri
THE PHANTOM wrote:
Hi Gedken, I believe the title track for 'Yes you can'(superb album by the way) was named when Steve was in New York City and saw a large black lady crossing the finishing line of aforementioned cities marathon on tv. If i'm wrong I know one of you guys will put me right. I'm off for a rest now as in a spot of discomfort but will be back soon, Pandorah phoned me, we had us a chat. xxx
Hi, Phantom!!! :D It's Cheri. I hope you are doing well. I think of you often. If you feel like it, you can e-mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I am in the beginning stages of planning another trip to England as I've heard on this website that Steve is planning to play at The Stables again, and Bilston. I very much want to go to both of those concerts, and perhaps another one, depending on where it is, if it occurs around the same time. I, too, have been in contact with Pandorah on Facebook (in fact, WHY AREN'T WE FACEBOOK FRIENDS, eh???) We talked about having you join us for the above mentioned concerts if you are up to it? Wanna go? Would love to see you again. :) My thoughts are with you.

Lots of love, Cheri

Re:Album Titles 11 years 4 months ago #7899

• GedKen
THE PHANTOM wrote:

Thanks for the info. Phantom. I hope you get through these dark times. I rarely go to Mass these days, but the next time I'm in the big man's place I'II light a candle for you. Hopefully a prodigal's prayer might chime clearer than most.