Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MANCHESTER HOTEL....FAILURE.

MANCHESTER HOTEL....FAILURE. 11 years 2 months ago #8155

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Hi all,
I have NOT been able to get a deal with any of the hotels close to BRIDGWATER HALL for the April concert.
The reasons being,MANCHESTER UNITED being at home that day,other events going on in the city,stag and hen nights etc,etc.
And of course with it being a SATURDAY night,the hotels will not offer a discount,as they know full well that their rooms will sell out anyway at whatever price they want to charge,so why give a discount to a block booking ?
For example,I was in GLASGOW a few nights ago,where I stay overnight on a regular basis at a choice of four or five hotels on the same street.I usually get a good quality room at one of them for around 45-50 pounds.The other night,nothing was available in Glasgow (or Edinburgh for that matter),for less than £185 !!!
The reason...ROBBIE WILLIAMS WAS PLAYING AT HAMPDEN PARK.
So folks I think it would be best to shop around for the best individual deals you can get,try the following:
www.booking.com
www.laterooms.com
www.hotels.net.
trivago,hotwire,etc.etc.
there are around thirty or forty good quality hotels within walking distance or a short tram ride of the venue.
Sorry folks that I could not do it this time,but I am sure we will all be able to meet in the Bridgewater Hall bar before and after the concert.I will still be searching for a suitable pub we could meet at early doors for a wee get together.will keep you posted.
JIMBO :(
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:MANCHESTER HOTEL....FAILURE. 11 years 2 months ago #8161

• colin wilkins
  • wilkie
try this one, premier inn manchester city centre ( deansgate locks )medlock street m15 5fj. 1 double room b&b, free car parking, 5 minutes walk to BH,£115.50.

Re: MANCHESTER HOTEL....FAILURE. 11 years 2 months ago #8162

• Munchkin1
I got The Rams Lodge through Laterooms, £46 for a double room!! Bargain!

Re: MANCHESTER HOTEL....FAILURE. 11 years 2 months ago #8163

• GedKen
Thanks for the tip, money is tight but I couldn't stay in somewhere called the Ram's Lodge, I would never be able to wash the stain from my football soul.

Re:MANCHESTER HOTEL....FAILURE. 11 years 2 months ago #8172

• paulng57
Thanks Colin, travelling from Brum and a Blue badge holder, so a car park is a big plus, and not too far for a slow walk to the Concert Hall. All booked up at the Premier Inn Deansgate Locks, in fact decided to go Friday night and stop for 2 nights and make a weekend of it. Would be nice to think there may be some others fans there on Friday too and maybe tie up in the bar on the night :cheer:
Nearly forgot to say thanks Jimbo for trying anyway!

Re:MANCHESTER HOTEL....FAILURE. 11 years 2 months ago #8175

• colin wilkins
  • wilkie
that is sound paul, me and her will be arriving about 12-ish on saturday. hopefully we might catch up with you.
  • Page: