& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Abbey Glastonbury

Re:The Abbey Glastonbury 11 years 1 month ago #8294

• Becky
Hi Joanna,

Sat down with a cuppa in the hope that there would be some feedback from Glastonbury. Thanks for all the detail, really enjoyed your description of the concert - just makes me want to see them again...before Manchester!

All good things!

Becky x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Abbey Glastonbury 11 years 1 month ago #8295

• robertotechno
We came over from Germany, which is odd I know as Mr H played not far from us on Friday, but we couldn't make that, so went to Glastonbury Abbey (wifey a bit of a Ferry fan, too)and it was FANTASTIC!! Steve got into them all the way to the back, around 8,000 people were there in brilliant sunshine and tracks like Journey's End, The Lighthouse and Sebastian really blew the audience away. Steve had us singing every word of Here Comes The Sun, right at the beginning, a MASTER! A Friend For Life was really touching , and many of the older people were visibly moved. Mr F had a little difficulty getting a reaction after Mr H had rocked the field in such a brilliantly skilled way. It was great to see and hear, and the band were on tremendous form. ROB

Re:The Abbey Glastonbury 11 years 1 month ago #8296

• Becky
Hi Rob,

Thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts and feelings about the concert. A Friend for Life is a beautiful song, I'm not surprised at the reaction it received. Hopefully, some YouTube footage of Glastonbury will make its way on to the forum.

All good things!

Becky x

Re:The Abbey Glastonbury 11 years 1 month ago #8299

• PETER.BLUCK
My wife and I love Glastonbury and on one of our many stays there saw the Abbey Concert advertised. To be honest Steve Harley was a distant memory from my teenage years (Come Up And See Me). I've never followed his music since. That all changed on Sunday at the Glastonbury concert. Both my wife and I were just blown away by the music of Steve Harley and the band. It was just fantastic to listen to musicians at the top of their game. Have become a big Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel fan overnight and have now started to collect the many albums I missed out on all those years ago.

Thank you for a wonderful night. :) :)
Peter & Jilly Bluck, Lewes. UK

Re:The Abbey Glastonbury 11 years 1 month ago #8300

• Daz401
  • I've been thro 700 changes, and thats just a few
I loved that gig, I was the one that was in the middle when the ropes were still down hahaha. All SH's gig's get better and better after every one :woohoo:

Re:The Abbey Glastonbury 11 years 1 month ago #8301

• joanna
Daz 401 wrote :I was the one that was in the middle when the ropes were still down .

Was I next to you .. did you have a blue shirt on and glasses perhaps ? Hello :)
jo
Smile x
  • Page: