Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: holmfirth 16th aug

Re:holmfirth 16th aug 11 years 1 month ago #8305

• trace
Absolutely love this venue! This was possibly the best Steve Harley gig I have ever been privileged to attend. The crowd were amazing and the band were on fire. Can't wait for Bilston and back to the Picturedrome in Dec. This man never fails to deliver, but sometimes we get just a little bit more; last night was one of those times. Thank you!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:holmfirth 16th aug 11 years 1 month ago #8306

• Harley fan
Senior Boarder - I AGREE. FAN BLOODY TASTIC. I say everytime it can't get better.... and it does. Where does all that energy come from?...i think everybody felt 16 again. Not sure who was best pleased with the evening, Steve or the audience!
Not sure about Steve's beard though!! He looked like Seasick Steve, or someone else said - Albert Steptoe - oops. I will always love him anyroad up. I couldnt sleep when i got home so ended up taking a sleeping tablet. Good to be awake now playing Steve's CDs and singing along whilst ironing... La la la.... CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT TIME.
Julie Brown x :woohoo:

Re:holmfirth 16th aug 11 years 1 month ago #8309

• joanna
Hi Julie.
It sounded like a great night... sometimes (well mostly, but you know what I mean) the energy is just SO energized :woohoo:
and MAGICAL...

I hope to get up to Holmefirth in Dec... never made it yet.

A Question:
Do you think we should ALL send Steve Razors? ;)
Jo

P.S
Good read re the gigs.
Thanks out to "therebel" and "trace".
Smile x

Re:holmfirth 16th aug 11 years 1 month ago #8311

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
HI JO,
Get in quick re Holmfirth in December,hundreds of tickets were sold on Friday night,and if you are very quick the Bridge Hotel next door has some single rooms still available.
Regarding Friday night,it was up there in the top 5 Cockney Rebel gigs I have ever seen in around 40 years!! JUST,.....FANTASTIC,EXILERATING,BREATHTAKING,FAULTLESS,(apart from a couple of lyric bloops,which we all love anyway!),HEART-THUMPINGLY IMMENSE!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:holmfirth 16th aug 11 years 1 month ago #8312

• Steve55
What an amazing experience friday night. After 5 decades of following Steve I didn't think he could ever surprise me! How wrong can a man be. The voice, the set, the music and passion were beyond anything I've seen him do before. Thanks to Steve and the band for a brilliant evening.

Re:holmfirth 16th aug 11 years 1 month ago #8320

• cheri
julie brown wrote:
Senior Boarder - I AGREE. FAN BLOODY TASTIC. I say everytime it can't get better.... and it does. Where does all that energy come from?...i think everybody felt 16 again. Not sure who was best pleased with the evening, Steve or the audience!
Not sure about Steve's beard though!! He looked like Seasick Steve, or someone else said - Albert Steptoe - oops. I will always love him anyroad up. I couldnt sleep when i got home so ended up taking a sleeping tablet. Good to be awake now playing Steve's CDs and singing along whilst ironing... La la la.... CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT TIME.
Julie Brown x :woohoo:
Julie, I agree about the beard. I will always love him anyway, but I think all the beard does is cover up his handsome face. Steve, is there any chance you could shave it off before November? ;)

Cheri