Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ADAM HOUGHTON

ADAM HOUGHTON 11 years 1 month ago #8313

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
This guy has come on leaps and bounds in recent years as Steves drummer,now he seems to have the gig on a permanent basis,you can just see and feel him growing as every concert passes.
That big,big Tama kit really makes a difference to the current Cockney Rebel sound,the thudding thumping beat on the full rock numbers resonates right through you,and in the softer ballad moments he can really bring it all down to a whisper,don't get me wrong I love Stu Elliott too,but to me, now,Adam is irreplaceable.
So I just thought I would come on and doff my hat to a big friendly giant,ADAM HOUGHTON,WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!1 ;)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:ADAM HOUGHTON 11 years 1 month ago #8314

• therebel
well said jimbo your very right about adam as a mostly metal fan apart from my Harley worship ive noticed how much more adam brings to the band now and tama is a great rock sounding kit adam as the ability to thicken out the drum sound and make a hell of a difference I was lucky enough to meet him after Fridays Holmfirth gig and was telling him how much better it sounds with him now . stuart will always be in our thoughts as an original rebel and a hell of a nice guy and drummer but like you I think adam is here to stay . rock on adam keep tub thumping mate
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight

Re:ADAM HOUGHTON 11 years 1 month ago #8323

• cheri
rebelfreak1 wrote:
This guy has come on leaps and bounds in recent years as Steves drummer,now he seems to have the gig on a permanent basis,you can just see and feel him growing as every concert passes.
That big,big Tama kit really makes a difference to the current Cockney Rebel sound,the thudding thumping beat on the full rock numbers resonates right through you,and in the softer ballad moments he can really bring it all down to a whisper,don't get me wrong I love Stu Elliott too,but to me, now,Adam is irreplaceable.
So I just thought I would come on and doff my hat to a big friendly giant,ADAM HOUGHTON,WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!1 ;)
I've never heard Stu play, but I've heard Adam and he is awesome! Met him very briefly on my first trip over to hear Steve play. And, hi Jimbo!!! :D

Cheri