Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Robbie Gladwell / Twink

Robbie Gladwell / Twink 11 years 2 weeks ago #8375

• fatfish59
Browsing through my local Oxfam music store this morning, I came across a vinyl album by Twink. Being a bit of a Pink Fairies fan, I took an interest and read the back cover (remember when you could do that?). To my surprise the name Robbie Gladwell appeared on the album as Lead & Rhythm Guitar. I didn't buy the album due to the very poor condition & cost. There are a few copies available on eBay, so may be a later purchase.

Anyway, doing a bit more research, I came across this on youtube from around 1990 - a 46 minute festival slot by Twink with Robbie on guitar.

Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Robbie Gladwell / Twink 11 years 2 weeks ago #8376

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
So many of these "live" videos have abysmal sound, don't they? I prefer this version.

Twink? Pink Fairies? Never heard of him or them....far too young :laugh:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Robbie Gladwell / Twink 11 years 1 week ago #8419

• stewart g
For many years on BBC Radio Stoke there was an excellent prog on a Friday night called The Record Collectors.Somewhere in the loft I've got an interview with Twink from 1990 from the show where he mentions Robbie and that he was working with Steve Harley! In November 1990 I bumped into Robbie outside the International 2 in Manchester which was the legendary venue where Steve and Cockney Rebel had some brilliant shows! I mentioned Twink and the album and Robbie's face was a picture :laugh: he said something like " How do you know about that??" :)

Re:Robbie Gladwell / Twink 11 years 1 week ago #8421

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
My brother Alan saw Robbie play at a beer festival the other night just outside Colchester. He was playing with a guy called Ashley Bartlett and by all accounts were on top form especially the Eagles 'Hotel California'.

Re:Robbie Gladwell / Twink 11 years 1 week ago #8424

• jollyroger
Phantom, how is your health? I'm sure there are lots of us Forum contributors who would like an update, and to wish you all the best. Reg
PS did anyone see Steve Live with Alan Darby on guitar? He is a great player. Left Steve to join Van Morrison, so he must be top stuff!!

Re:Robbie Gladwell / Twink 10 years 11 months ago #8441

• cheri
jollyroger wrote:
Phantom, how is your health? I'm sure there are lots of us Forum contributors who would like an update, and to wish you all the best. Reg
I, too, would like to hear from Phantom, or anyone who has been in contact with him. He's my dear friend and I CARE. Phantom, if you connect to the forum, please let us know how you are doing. We miss you terribly and I would love to see you again when I come over to hear Steve at The Stables and Bilston.

Lots of love. Cheri