Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Irresistible / Warm My Cold Heart

Re:Irresistible / Warm My Cold Heart 11 years 2 weeks ago #8389

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I lost interest in Steve Harley in the 80's. Marriage and armfuls of babies dominated my life. I don't think I missed much. There's a reason we don't hear Irresistible or Heartbeat Like Thunder live. :kiss:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Irresistible / Warm My Cold Heart 11 years 2 weeks ago #8390

• free trade hall
Irresistible was played live many times in the late 1980's and early 1990's and always sounded great!..I'd say you missed plenty in the 1980's Stella! ( but then again you were a bit busy)..how about Uk tours in 1980/1981/1989.Reading Festival 1983,Marlowe 1981 and 1996,The Phantom Saga 1986 and some great singles that would have gone down a storm at the 80's Rewind Festival.
I Can't Even Touch You,Ballerina Primadonna,When I'm With You,etc and the charity 45's including Whatever You Believe :)And live apperances with the likes of Duran Duran, Rick Wakeman and Mike Batt.

Re:Irresistible / Warm My Cold Heart 11 years 2 weeks ago #8391

• free trade hall
above re Marlowe should have said 1986 not 1996!! :blush:

Re:Irresistible / Warm My Cold Heart 11 years 2 weeks ago #8393

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
free trade hall wrote:
Irresistible was played live many times in the late 1980's and early 1990's and always sounded great!..I'd say you missed plenty in the 1980's Stella! ( but then again you were a bit busy)..how about Uk tours in 1980/1981/1989.Reading Festival 1983,Marlowe 1981 and 1996,The Phantom Saga 1986 and some great singles that would have gone down a storm at the 80's Rewind Festival.
I Can't Even Touch You,Ballerina Primadonna,When I'm With You,etc and the charity 45's including Whatever You Believe :)And live apperances with the likes of Duran Duran, Rick Wakeman and Mike Batt.

I guess I did miss plenty. I was oblivious to his tours but aware of Marlowe (tried to buy tickets but the run ended abruptly, didn't it?.I'd rather forget the Phantom fiasco (can't bear Sarah Brightman) and I thought Ballerina Prima Donna was cheesy!
It's just my opinion any way and I never stopped loving him

:laugh:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Irresistible / Warm My Cold Heart 11 years 2 weeks ago #8394

• ajsmith
Irresistible is one of my favourite Steve Harley tracks, and songs like I Can't Even Touch You, Ballerina, Heartbeat Like Thunder are all great in my opinion. Mind you I find most of Harley's recording career to be of a high standard.

The 1985 version of Irresistible is almost like a demo in comparison to the 1986 version, but it still has a lot of charm to it.

Re:Irresistible / Warm My Cold Heart 11 years 2 weeks ago #8395

• RachelPAtoSH
Hey AJ,
I appreciate your efforts. Was good to say hello in Plymouth (I think it was Plymouth!?). Steve H