Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SH on solar farms

SH on solar farms 11 years 1 week ago #8423

• jollyroger
Great article in today's Daily Mail, page lead, on Steve slamming plans for Solar panels to take over the arable farms.
I'm I agreement - they look ugly and ridiculous in the English countryside. England doesn't have the prairies of Oklahoma and Idaho where they can be hidden from sight. And they don't work efficiently at all!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:SH on solar farms 11 years 1 week ago #8425

• Harley fan
OMG....i am having a break in Ibiza and for some strange reason, i bought the daily mail, I don't even read newspapers!! and SH is in it. WOW. it made my day! B)

Re:SH on solar farms 11 years 1 week ago #8426

• GedKen
Solar farms? Odd idea in the first place isn't it? B)

I'm a bit of a confused townie - I thought if you wanted cheaper bills you could put up solar panels on your own roof - sort of 'grow your own' - who needs this sort of farm produce?

Re:SH on solar farms 11 years 6 days ago #8427

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
....and for those of you who missed it here's the link.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2420374...e-25-000-panels.html

Good luck with the fight Steve but I'd suspect the plans are more or less signed and sealed, if not delivered. Not much gets to stand in the way of "progress" these days. In our village we campaigned for a two hundred year old Oak tree that was marked as "diseased"** to be saved. We failed. I retreived a lump of the sawn logs and asked a local woodturner to make what he could out of it. Two turned bowls grace my living room table and we have two acorn-shaped oak light pulls in the bathroom (one for the shower) but it doesn't make up for the loss of the magnificent view of the tree I had from my front room window.

**It showed no signs of disease when felled.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.