Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: So So Dissapointed with Chester Race gig cancelled

So So Dissapointed with Chester Race gig cancelled 10 years 11 months ago #8478

• murphy
Last year we (Steve's Irish Fans) travelled to Liverpool only to find the gig cancelled at fairly short notice.

We endured significant cost on flights and hotels to get to and stay in Liverpool.

We have just had an email from Chester telling up its cancelled again ( due to unforseen circumstances.

We are so bitterly dissapointed having spent 115 sterling on the concert and 1000 euros to get to Chester and stay in Chester's expensive / overpriced hotels.

Last year the 'powers that be' guaranteed us on this forum (and all the liverpool fans who had their concert cancelled) that Steve would make it up to us.

9 months on, our second trip to UK for Cockney Rebels event and we are feeling so let down this time again.
What's the chances. I know Steve does not cancel gigs for the fun of it, but we dunno what to say..we are angry, sad and all the other emotions right now after having our holiday ruined again. We are ordinary joes and we have had to save up to get the funds for this trip and we never thought this could happen us again, especially Chester what a lovely setting and place to stay.

So Upset
regards Brendan, Kellie, Keith, Paula, and David.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:So So Dissapointed with Chester Race gig cancelled 10 years 11 months ago #8481

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
How disappointing for you all :( I'd be so upset if this had happened to me. Hope you can get refunds for some of the transport/hotel costs.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:So So Dissapointed with Chester Race gig cancelled 10 years 11 months ago #8483

• RachelPAtoSH
We know nothing about this.
We will try to get to the bottom of it today.
Comeuppance Management

Re:So So Dissapointed with Chester Race gig cancelled 10 years 11 months ago #8487

• murphy
Heres the official cancellation notice from Chester Racecourse box office on Friday last. Im confused that SH management hasnt been informed.. So Glad to hear SH hasnt cancelled and all is well and so on.

"Good afternoon Mr Murphy,
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Steve Harley concert which was being held at Chester Racecourse has been cancelled.
I have tried calling you to advise.

I have today refunded £115.00 back to the card that was used when you made the purchase.

Apologies,

Andrea

Andrea Wilkinson, Ticket Box Office,Tel: 01244 304610"