Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Covers

Re:Covers 13 years 1 month ago #2665

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
I have just remembered Steve sang with the rest of the artistes for the closing of the Mick Ronson memorial concert at the Hammersmith Odeon led by Ian Hunter ' All the young dudes' the place went mad!!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Covers 13 years 1 month ago #2666

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Another one i've just remembered is 'Live for the moment' from the stage show 'Marlowe' but i'm not sure if this counts? Yes it does cos I asked the question so I make the rules, ner ner, ner ner ner!!!

Re:Covers 13 years 1 month ago #2668

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
RachelPAtoSH wrote:
Maybe if you'd been there, your criticism might carry some weight....but you weren't thetr, to ENJOY the FUN those who were there enjoyed. I saw two and they were hugely memorable nights. Maybe those who were there will give their own views, many have already, on the 2 short covers SH played in amongst the 150 minutes spent on stage.....RACHEL

Tesitfy, sister! You speak the truth. I feel very bad for anyone that couldn't make it. The covers were not only perfectly set in the performance, but just went to prove what a great performer Steve really is, even when tackling someone else's work.

I'll be getting my rambling review up probably tomorrow. (Or maybe sumbit it for the gig report section?)
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Covers 13 years 1 month ago #2672

• Ray Smith
"The Rebel" had an "opinion." The set list has been debated millions of times... good or bad... the fans view who spoke.. JUST their opinions. Steve hit back BIG time with the last few shows and god I wish I was there to witness. I chose at the time without knowing of the latest set list, Chichester and Cambridge, and I had a ball at those. I dearly wish I knew the set list before booking those two gigs for the last few.. I know what I would have chose.

Rachel dealt a little of a heavy hand in the reply BUT probably in the light of the various posting before hand to those who questioned the previous set list and that at the time it wasn't changing.

Steve listened to his fans. Give back ten fold. Now the deal is the set list round about, sticks for the end of year gig.

Can anyone stop me from being there save for my own life?

NO CHANCE! Save anything that may happen in my own life (bills etc) and I hope to hell nothing gets in my way!

Looking forward :-)

Re:Covers 13 years 1 month ago #2674

• Mr Raffles
I thought Rachel's response was a bit over the top.It's an opinion that's all.The fact that i've been a bit disappointed with set-lists over the years hasn't stopped me travelling all over England(and Europe) to see the guy perform.My own criticism of the Leamington Spa gig was that the ever changing first half of the show somewhat gave way to a slightly more indulgent second half with longer(not so many) songs.Despite all that it was the best Harley show since 2004 and hearing Hideaway/Muriel the Actor/Ritz/Cavaliers/Too Much Tenderness...was brilliant...sorry to rub it in Ray!!! Of course it is Rachel's job to defend Steve and it's always nice to hear her opinion.Rebel's given his and i've given mine.I've already booked my train,hotel and ticket for Market Harborough and if Steve performs the same setlist i will be perfectly happy(well almost!!) Another little request to Steve,how about Singular Band?? Last performed live 37 years ago in 1974.With it's little 'jazzy' mid song section it's a natural replacement to Sling It.

Re:Covers 13 years 1 month ago #2675

• RachelPAtoSH
One of the crew told us that the band rehearsed:
Singular Band
Nothing Is Sacred
Love On The Rocks
Amerika The Brave

Steve will try to involve some or all of those songs later in the year at indoor band concerts.
Point of fact: the recent set contained the same number of songs in each half (the 2nd half being 1.5 hours long, including 3 encores).