Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cattle Market(Harborough)

Re:Cattle Market(Harborough) 12 years 11 months ago #3018

• joanna
:( Hello Mr Raffles, just a thought. If you check the gig venue website out before ordering the tickets it will often indicate standing or seated or contact the venue direct. Hope this helps for the next time.
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Cattle Market(Harborough) 12 years 11 months ago #3019

• Mr Raffles
In some cases Joanna the venue is advertised as having 'some' seating and then on the night of the gig they decide against opening up certain parts of the theatre which is normally the seated area.I'm sure that the Leamington Spa concert wasn't promoted as being 'all standing'.Apologies if i'm mistaken on that one. Even so there should still be a certain standard adhered to regardless of whether it's standing/seating or both.Market Harborough Leisure Centre seemed a little lacking in that department.You couldn't even get a coffee there!!!

Re:Cattle Market(Harborough) 12 years 11 months ago #3020

• cockneyr3bel
I was at market harborogh,it was stated when i booked that it was all standing,(although there were tables and chairs on both sides of hall)having been to all standing before,the trick is to get there early,i did,and actually met the man himself,outside,which made my night.
im afraid i was one of the hot sweaty bodies at the front,and im an old timer to(mid 50's)but it was worth every second of any discomfort. the nearly 2 1/2hour show,a 5 song encore,fantastic set list,and a fantastic atmosphere.
i do agree though,why go to see him and spend all night at the bar,who needs alchohol to enjoy a show like that.
as mr raffles didnt here the banter,steve actually said,he didnt realise,we were standing,he thought maybe we were on benches.

Re:Cattle Market(Harborough) 12 years 11 months ago #3021

• cockneyrebel1
B) Mr Raffles, at least you were lucky enough to attend what I am told was a superlative show! I would have happily stood for the two/two and a half hours of the set. Sadly family circumstances did not permit me to be there. I'm envious of those who were, standing, sitting, hopping on one foot or whatever!!!! B)

Re:Cattle Market(Harborough) 12 years 11 months ago #3022

• cockneyr3bel
hi cockneyrebel,so sorry you couldnt make it,it was indeed superb,fantastic,amazing ,i would gladly have stood another 2 hours,for such a show.

Re:Cattle Market(Harborough) 12 years 11 months ago #3023

• joanna
Cockney3bel glad you had a good time and to meet Steve WOW what a night. The gigs are all just amazing.... Leamington Spa was the best yet for me...the whole night from parking the car to starting the engine on the way back to localish relatives........ ahhhh still buzzing. Are you off to any of the December dates? And I certainly dont think that age qualifies you as "an old timer" !!! :woohoo:
Smile x