Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS

Re:CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS 14 years 5 months ago #543

• Maelitta
Really nice idea an exceptional concert for the 40th anniversary of Human Menagerie !!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS 14 years 5 months ago #544

• essexboybilly
40th? would that be 2013? That's a long time to wait for a classic concert like that...I hope it comes off, and I hope it's 2011, if not a Christmas special this year. That sounds actually like a fantastic idea. Like an earlier posting says, it will be very expensive to put on, so where should it be if it's a one-off - LONDON

Re:CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS 14 years 5 months ago #546

• Maelitta
Everyone seems to be enthusiastic about the idea, so .... Let's do it ! :woohoo:

Re:CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS 14 years 5 months ago #548

• Rebel
Love the idea of a big orchestra and choir. Deathtrip, Sebastian, Tumbling Down, Cavaliers, Ritz, to name but a few would be amazing.
I would would still miss some of my favourites from other albums (Red is a mean mean colour, Understand, Black & White, Nothing is sacred, All men are hungry men, Mr Raffles, The best years, and yes...make me smile)(Not that he plays them all in concert anyway).
But, with or without these 'other' favourites of mine, I would still love to see the first 2 albums performed in all their glory! A 20 minute version of Death Trip with all guns ablazing would be something to die for.

Re:CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS 14 years 5 months ago #549

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
i refer you fellow rebel fans to the proposal i put forward SEVENTEEN WEEKS AGO on here regarding re-doing the classic albums.......................
'......thinking about it,this current rebel line up would do justice to most,(if not all), of the human menagerie and the psychomodo tracks,would be an interesting experiment if steve and the boys could re-record the two albums in their entirity,in a 2010 stylii !!!
sweet dreams,and boy would they sell'...............mmmmmmm
i now think someone at comeuppance is taking note of jimbo's outlandish suggestions !!!!!
dont worry steve i will settle for a very small percentage of income generated....lol.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS 11 years 9 months ago #7083

• Maelitta
crazy horse wrote:
I have just read an item in CLASSIC ROCK ,which mentioned the possibility of STEVE doing some shows where the first half would include HUMAN MENAGIRIE in its entire form ,and the second half doing the same with PHSYCOMODO.STEVE ,i cannott impress enough how much this idea needs to be followed up on ,and if im not being to greedy maybe even the chance of it being filmed ,heres hoping CHEERS :woohoo:
That was more than 2 years ago :ohmy:
Where is Crazy Horse actually ????