Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS

Re:CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS 14 years 5 months ago #527

• Maelitta
That would be a great idea.

That's actually making me think of something similar Sparks has done in 2007, in London : they played 21 concerts for their 21 albums and this, during 2 weeks ; I was there for a few of them.

If Steve Harley could think of it ....
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS 14 years 5 months ago #528

• jackpot1
I would welcome this idea very much. Two classic albums.

Re:CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS 14 years 5 months ago #535

• Rebel
Talk about a dream gig - think I would by a ticket for every venue!

Re:CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS 14 years 5 months ago #536

• crazy horse
SINCE I RAISED THIS TOPIC 2 WEEKS AGO ,I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THE MAY ISSUE OF CLASSIC ROCK HAS HIT THE SUPERMARKETS YET? AND WHAT OTHER PEOPLES THOUGHTS ARE AFTER ACTUALLY READING THE INTERVIEW THEMSELVES,IM WORKING ON THE IDEA THAT IF STEVE KNOWS HIS FANS ARE EXITED ABOUT THIS IDEA SEEING THE LIGHT OF DAY ,THEN HOPFULLY IT IS IS MORE LIGHTLY TO HAPPEN ,I DONT THINK IT COULD HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON THOUGH ,AS STEVE WILL PROBABLY SPEND THE NEXT 12 MONTHS PROMOTING THE NEW ALBUM (MY OPINION),SO PLEASE ADD TO THE HYPE ,AS WE KNOW STEVE READS THESE COMMENTS CRAZY HORSE

Re:CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS 14 years 5 months ago #541

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
Maybe a one off concert like this could be tied in with the 40th anniversary of 'Human Menagerie' being released ?
A lot of bands have done special 'Anniversary' things.

The orchestra and logistics of a tour would be financially prohibitive, I would have thought.

Re:CLASSIC ALBUM GIGS 14 years 5 months ago #542

• crazy horse
I think thats a brilliant idea to do it for the 40th anniverary,as steve has already mentioned an orchestra and choir (in the said interview) then any additional expenses have already been taken into account .Still hoping to hear from any other harleyheads who have read the interview