Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: History of Our Streets (Deptford High Street)

History of Our Streets (Deptford High Street) 12 years 3 months ago #5505

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Just returned from the most miserable half-term break in Devon. There was wind, rain and more wind. Watched TV and played Scrabble with the kids and went for wet and windy walks around the cliff paths.(actually that was spectacular!....so many different flowers and ferns of which, to my shame I know very few of the names apartfrom the wild scabious)
John, who is going through a 24 weeks course of chemotherapy slept a lot and contracted a virus which landed him in hospital once we'd completed the gruelling 9 hour 240 mile return journey. He's home again now.
Anyway the reason I'm writing is to direct Steve to a very interesting programme on the history of Deptford, its High Street and the demolition of much of the housing in the 70's which we watched one evening. Maybe he saw it? But the link to the programme is here www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jt9bv/a...eptford_High_Street/

Maybe his Dad would be interested? Ain't the internet and the iplayer a wonderful thing!
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: History of Our Streets (Deptford High Street) 12 years 3 months ago #5516

• joanna
Hi Stella
Devon,scrabble and rain !!!...... sounds about right. Were you in Croyde by any chance? Best Wishes for John.
Smile x

Re: History of Our Streets (Deptford High Street) 12 years 3 months ago #5517

• Stella Day
Yep. Croyde!

Re:History of Our Streets (Deptford High Street) 12 years 3 months ago #5519

• Pandorah
Stella Day wrote:
a very interesting programme on the history of Deptford, its High Street and the demolition of much of the housing in the 70's which we watched one evening. Maybe he saw it? But the link to the programme is here www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01jt9bv/a...eptford_High_Street/

Maybe his Dad would be interested? Ain't the internet and the iplayer a wonderful thing![/quote]

that was brilliant ! I watched it late last night. loved it .

shame the sun didn't shine on you and yours stella ! oh the weather ! the weather ! least Englands lush green land is getting fed ! with or without a hose pipe ban !

Re: History of Our Streets (Deptford High Street) 12 years 3 months ago #5529

• joanna
Stella wrote: Yep. Croyde!
Ah but a nice cream tea at the little cafe before you get up to the paths leading to Baggy Point... in case you were planning to do it all over again?... possibly not . Jo x :)
Smile x

Re: History of Our Streets (Deptford High Street) 12 years 3 months ago #5531

• Stella Day
Jo. I'm not sure I'm ever going there again........unless you run the little cafe :) Made a huge batch of scones on Saturday that my mob demolished with clotted cream and jam.
John can go on his own next time.
He surfs.