Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dvd with the 5 cd box set

Re:Dvd with the 5 cd box set 12 years 2 months ago #5713

• Mr Raffles
Thanks for the additional info Rachel.The video promo has been hiding away for years.I guess the failure of the single to chart(how did that happen??!!)resulted in the video never being shown. I'm curious to know as to whether Steve himself has all this material or does a lot of it just get 'shelved' by the various TV/Video companies? Roualt himself has gone quiet of late but he's posted a goldmine of brilliant archive moments from Cockney Rebel.Let's all swoon together!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Dvd with the 5 cd box set 12 years 2 months ago #5714

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Cocnerebel wrote:
Very clever Stella.

But if you click on either of the purple lines in my previous posting the "you tube" clip comes up full screen.

So what exactly is your point? :blink:

I guess like jackpot1 says I was just being a female fan and wanted the picture on the screen.
Is that really just a "female" thing?

I don't think so. :kiss: swoony swoon
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Dvd with the 5 cd box set 12 years 2 months ago #5717

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
Ii's a shame that 'Black Or White' was released as a single the week after a certain 'Bohemian Rhapsody' and that Steve wasn't a *friend* of Kenny Everett.

EMI's eggs went into that basket and the rest is history.

But the few still know who the better songwriter is. And November will hopefully see the return of our hero to the pomp of those days.

Better late than never. ;)

Re:Dvd with the 5 cd box set 12 years 2 months ago #5739

• Michael Carraway
Well said, Hobo!

Re:Dvd with the 5 cd box set 12 years 2 months ago #5741

• Mr Raffles
Black or White should have been a huge hit.Even had a festive kind of sound which tied in nicely with it's November release.The success of Bohemian Rhapsody must have affected it's chart potential in some way.Perhaps the Top 30 of the time only had enough room for one really big production number? Still don't understand thou why Steve's never performed this song in concert.Can we safely say that if it's not on the Birmingham set-list this November then we'll never get to hear it played live? That would be a shame!!

Re:Dvd with the 5 cd box set 12 years 2 months ago #5782

• Craig
Why would Bohemian Rhapsody have any effect on Black And White failing the top 30 ??? What about the other 29 songs that made the top 30 ??? As good a song as it is, it isn,t and wasn,t a `single` ! And certainly not representative of such a great album.