& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Between The Lines

Between The Lines 12 years 2 months ago #5788

• GedKen
Erm,

I remember seeing Steve on tour in the early/mid Eighties and he had a number of strong, new songs that never seemed to get recorded. I think the one exception was 'I can't even touch you' which did make it onto 7'' vinyl - does anyone what happened to some of the others?

I remember one song in particular which had a chorus of "don't shoot, don't shoot 'til you see the whites of their eyes, the race ain't always worth the prize" (Um, sorry if it isn't word perfect - those were my 'pints of snakebite' days!)

I think there was some talk at the time about an LP coming out called 'between the lines' - but it never happened.

Does anyone know if "don't shoot" and the like ever surfaced anywhere? Was there a 'between the lines' LP that never surfaced?

Gerry
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Between The Lines 12 years 2 months ago #5789

• stewart g
Gerry,
I think the tour you refer to is December 1981,it was there at Manchester Uni that I first heard,I can't even touch you,I can be Anyone ( which was the B side of Touch You) and The Race Game? which is the song you refer to re the whites of their eyes.Not sure if that track was ever recorded in the studio?....
All those tracks plus Not From Her World? from the 1980 tour sounded great live and when Touch You was played live in 2004 by the current Cockney Rebel it was excellent.. it should have been a monster hit single!!
I think Between The Lines relates to the film from 1975 of the Hammersmith Odeon Concerts that was released on film and shown at Cinemas a little later in the year?

Re:Between The Lines 12 years 2 months ago #5792

• joanna
How do you know all these things??
GOSH..... I dont know all this info......Panics!! Am I indeed a true fan??
Where have I been all this time ?
All I know is I love Steve`s music and lyrics....and thats it.

EEEEkkkk MAJOR edit :woohoo: :woohoo:
AND Steve of course !!!!!!
Smile x

Re:Between The Lines 12 years 2 months ago #5793

• crazy horse
iv been trying to find out who has the rights to the BETWEEN THE LINES film for quite a while now ,it is rumoured to be MICK ROCK who i have been emailing for nearly a year now,who will neither confirm or deny ownership ,but i am nothing if not persistent!!!!!

Re:Between The Lines 12 years 2 months ago #5794

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
joanna wrote:
How do you know all these things??
GOSH..... I dont know all this info......Panics!! Am I indeed a true fan??
Where have I been all this time ?
All I know is I love Steve`s music and lyrics....and thats it.

Joanna, like you, I too am more of an adoring fan than an anorak. :laugh:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Between The Lines 12 years 2 months ago #5797

• RachelPAtoSH
Crazy Horse: EMI are the copyright owners of the film "Between The Lines", Hammersmith 1975.
Stella: Stewart an anorak? Noooo!!But even Steve is awe of his memoribilia collection and knowledge!!
  • Page: