Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: First two albums with no singles, please explain

Re:First two albums with no singles, please explain 11 years 9 months ago #7220

• stewart g
Reggie,re Throw Your Soul Down Here,looks like you were spot on with that one and I was miles off the mark!! :laugh:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:First two albums with no singles, please explain 11 years 9 months ago #7256

• GedKen
stewart g wrote:
...I'd link B.A and Herbie in the Rebel history to the long lost TOTP appearance of Mr Soft along with Steve,Stuart and Jim Cregan?

Hi Stewart,

flitting through Youtube (looking for Jim Croce's 'Time in a bottle) I came across a TOTP2 recording of Mr Soft just now. Erm, is it the lost one you were thinking of or another recording from a different week?

Re:First two albums with no singles, please explain 11 years 9 months ago #7257

• stewart g
Hi Gedken,i think the youtube clip you've posted was from The Top Of The Pops edition that was introduced by The Osmonds!!That's Francis Monkman on keyboards who played with Rebel at Reading before Duncan Mackay joined.There was another TOTP edition which featured Mr Soft with Steve,Stuart,Jim Cregan,Herbie Flowers and BA Robertson.I think that edition is wiped in the BBC archieves?..unless anyone out there in Harley land knows different...would be great to see it! :)

Re:First two albums with no singles, please explain 11 years 9 months ago #7259

• Mr Raffles
There's a few Mr.Soft's on Youtube from that era including the TOTP's Osmonds special from 15th August 74.Like you Stewart i've never seen the version from TOTP's 22nd August 74 which is the one that BA Robertson appeared on. An audio recording exists but no sign of any video or even photo-stills etc.