Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Advice for the Foreign Chick

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 8 months ago #1952

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
sincere condolences ana,the thoughts of all the harley family are with you at this time,grieve yes,but smile at the good times you had with your dad,he sounds a great fellow and a strong influence on you.realise your dreams and hold his memory forever.
best regards
jimbo and all your new found friends over here in blighty.
see you in the summer,looking forward to meeting you.
love and deepest sympathy from all of us. x
jim
chesterfield, u.k.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 8 months ago #1953

• cheri
Ana, I was shocked to read your post and hope you are holding up alright. :( I lost my dad 8 years ago and it was the most devastating thing I've ever gone through. Know that you have friends here, as well as in your real life, who can help get you through your grief. I hope positive memories are flooding in right now. Maybe do some artwork in his memory to express your feelings. I'm just so sorry. (**Cheri comforts Ana**) It DOES get better with time. And, don't forget, you have your trip to look forward to. I'm here if you need anything at all.

Cheri

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 8 months ago #1956

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Thank you so much everyone. The viewing/service was last night and it was lovely. He had so many visitors, and we saw so many old familiar faces and close friends (as well as countless people we didn't know whose lives he'd touched!.) He had his military honors, and his fireman comrades showed up in full regalia to officially send him off. We were given some really nice pictures as well from his friends.

Thank you so much for your kind words and friendship in this challenging time. There's a lot of work to be done now, but I think, just by raising me the best he could, he prepared me to be strong enough for this.

Much love to you all.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 8 months ago #1957

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Hi Ana, heartfelt condolences to you and your family at this sad time. I, We, wish we had words to ease your pain and sorrow and if able could be with you to comfort you and give you a little hug. Please could you tell me your fathers name as my eldest son is a fireman so we can have a mass said for him over here. God bless you darlin', keep your chin up but when you wanna let it out, let it out. xxx.

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 8 months ago #1963

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
My father's name name is Thomas, and thank you so kindly.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 5 months ago #2228

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Okay everyone! I posted a message (with a strange typo) over on the guestbook, but I wanted to mention it here; I BOOKED MY FLIGHT! Here I come! :woohoo: