Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Advice for the Foreign Chick

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 9 months ago #1832

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Oh god you guys! You are so wonderfully helpful and kind. My mind is blown. I think I've totally been talked into seeing more than one show.

Unless more later shows pop up in the next week or three I think July is the latest I'll be able to swing it. So something like *checks list* Leamington Spa, Milton Keynes, Harrogate seem likely? Although my friend who used to live there says that the last two are rather far apart. (I want to see if I can do a Tuesday-to-Tuesday Trip) This friend also suggested that I rent a car. Hahaha I can smell impending disaster with that one.

Can you picture me with a map unfolded leaning over the front of my car with a drink in one hand and scratching my head with the other!?
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 9 months ago #1833

• crazy horse
in the UK we have NATIONAL COACHES ,which is similar to a GREYHOUND BUS,its cheap and goes from town to town and city to city ,hiring a car would just be an unwanted expense ,and remember the UK is a lot smaller than the US of A ,, were small in size but big in heart :)

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 9 months ago #1836

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
1. National Coaches. AWESOME. I love it. I'm a total veteran of our buses here (both local types and Greyhound brand types) Thanks for suggesting that. I'm really comfortable doing the bus thing. *few*

2. "and remember the UK is a lot smaller than the US of A ,, were small in size but big in heart"

That's what my friend Kelly says. Seeing Steve was the thing that finally got me to do this trip, but her stories and experiences with you all and your country are the first things that got me thinking about this taking this trip a few years back. :)
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 9 months ago #1844

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
rest assured alizarinstag,we will look after you and help you in any way we can.

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 8 months ago #1950

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Hey guys. Tuesday morning my father passed away. A little more than a month away from his 60th birthday. Jesus.

I will obviously be dealing with the emotional and financial fallout of this for the foreseeable future, (I'm sure too many of you have been where I am now sadly...) but it also lit a fire under my butt, where "THE TRIP," is concerned. Which is only reason I am darkening your doorstep with this sad news.

This whole trip started out as a lark. A ridiculous "wouldn't it be nice?" dream. But now I am dead serious about it and will be buying my ticket with in the next 3 weeks. (It would be quicker, but well...you know.)

My dad was a infinitely friendly, popular, hard working, simple man who never got to travel abroad like he dreamed, and we talked at length about my "proposed" trip the last day I saw him, Christmas morning. He wanted so many things for his daughters, and he taught me hard work, honesty and integrity.

There are other things we talked about, new responsibilities and goals that really don't need to be covered here, but I just wanted to thank you all again for being so nice and to tell you I am definitely gonna see some of you this summer no matter what it takes. I'm gonna make every last dream my dad had for me come true.

Thanks again.

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 8 months ago #1951

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Ana, So sorry to hear the sad news of your father's passing. Take some time to grieve, won't you. Life passes us by so quickly and there's often an expectancy from others to get back on with your life and get over the passing of a loved one as if to push it all behind you is an accomplishment.
I'm much older than you and my father died aged 84 last summer. He'd had a good innings. He said so himself and he was right but Ana we all only get one Dad and most of them are pretty special.
I hope all goes well over the coming weeks.
Stella.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.