& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS

Re:BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS 13 years 3 months ago #2366

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
:X
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS 13 years 3 months ago #2367

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
I also stand by my previous statement. I have bought ali a ticket for the harrogate show just as a thank you for being (along with cheri) a breath of fresh air on here. Fair play to ali for making this trip and i applaud her bravado.see you in july ali.looking forward to it.and remember i have a ticket for you for the harrogate show. X
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS 13 years 3 months ago #2368

• cheri
Cockneyrebel1, no need to bow out of the forum, there's plenty of space here for everyone. Plus, we all want to hear about your meeting with Steve when you finally DO get the chance to meet him. :)

Cheri

Re:BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS 13 years 3 months ago #2369

• cockneyrebel1
B) Thank u Cheri, and also thank u Stewart G, for your kind words of support. I have always tried to say something positive in my postings: I subscribe to the principal that "if you can't say something nice, say nothing".
However, I was surprised by the vehemence of some replies to my expressing my disappointment at the events of last Novemeber. Steve would be "seething"???? About what???? A fan of decades standing simply stating that she is somewhat upset about not meeting him?????? Is his ego really so fragile?????
This kind of response makes me feel that long-standing fans are not welcomed or wanted, it is only the new, excited and enthused fans, off on a new "adventure", who are welcomed.
I will always love Steve's music. And in a silly, childish way, I will always "love" the man........or, at least, the image of the man that I know through the media.
But contine to feel welcomed onto the forum? I think not. Any kind of criticism, however mild, does not seem to be welcomed.
I wish Ali, and all the other new fans, all the very best and I hope Ali's dreams of meeting SH come true. I have shared that dream for 37 years. I look forward to reading how well she was welcomed, etc. B)
Welcome new friends,
But keep the old.
One is silver
The other, gold. (Japanese proverb) B) B)

Re:BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS 13 years 3 months ago #2370

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
RachelPAtoSH- Again, thank you a hundred times for all your amazing-ness. Leamington Spa it is then? :) What do I need to do?

cockneyrebel1 - Yay! The computer just crashed and ate my post to you. I'll try again. I'm of course adding my voice to the "don't leaves" We of such good taste need to stick together. Also, we are such a passionate group aren't we?

rebelfreak1- I am so excited about meeting you! This is going to be fantastic. All my thanks again!

Michael Carraway - Sweet! I'll probably be in a little brown dress or a little red one. (Maybe a nicer one if I can find it! ;)) Also, I'll be acting a little goofy from lack of sleep and bus-lag. Haha.

Phantom- My dear Phantom! Up for the other ticket for Leamington Spa? If not I'd still love to meet and hangout at Wavendon!

Cheri- Love you girl! Thanks for your friendship.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS 13 years 3 months ago #2371

• solo cat
cockneyrebel1, Im sorry if my comments were a bit off the mark, I appreciate now your disappointed and not blaming Steve which is understandable. I guess I was a bit put off centre by the other remarks which Id heard about and I wasn't even a forum member before I posted here, my intention initially was to try and cheer people up.

I think the 'seething' comment was a little OTT too.

I hope you get to see him too if that's your desire, I did think about trying to get my picture taken with him to show to Cheri as she told me about the concert. I was so delighted at the performance he gave in St. Albans. His show is a very personal experience you feel like your with him almost anyway and St. Albans Arena is really quite small, I think Steve was expecting a big arena like Wembley lol!

I'd love to go again if he ever comes here again.