Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS

Re:BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS 13 years 3 months ago #2352

• RachelPAtoSH
Hello everyone: just one pint: Wavendon The Stables is 400-seater, sold-out. We would not be able to offer the pair of tickets for that venue. We reserve 4, just 4, Guest tickets, which Steve will use for friends and band members' relatives. He looks forward to saying Hello to Alizarin that night. The Tour Manager will arrange something, I'm sure.
For either one of Leamington Spa and Harrogate Alizarin can take her pick. It would be a shame (not least for Steve) if anyone gets the wrong impression...he likes an adventure, as you know, and we find Alizarin's trip quite exciting, something for the annals. We do hope all other fans understand. Prima Donna may have got the wrong impression? The Phantom seems perfectly happy with arrangements and surely was just insisting she does not give him her one Wavendon ticket, bought and paid for by herself some time ago. There are lots of good feelings on the Guestbook surrounding Alizarin's adventure.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS 13 years 3 months ago #2353

• cockneyrebel1
B) There were also some less than good feelings, Rachael. Nothing against Alizarin, of course. More that some of us, speaking totally personally personally, have followed Steve through thick and think since 1974......that's 38 years. I have never met him, something I would truly love to do. I was led to believe by a friend and fellow fan that he would be kind enough to come and meet me after the Union Chapel gig in London last November. He steadfastly refused to do so on the night. Then suddenly, guest tickets and meetings are being offered to new fans. Please forgive me if this makes me sound childish, jealous and petty, but I feel us "oldies" don't seem to matter: we are taken for granted. I too love an adventure, and meeting my hero was just such an event. It never happened and I remain really disappointed. Thank you for reading this B)

Re:BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS 13 years 3 months ago #2354

• solo cat
I don't know why people are having bad feelings here, I have nothing but total love when it comes to Steve Harley, and 2 of his fans at least :)

I suggest some of you go listen to Sebastian or something :)

Steve has made it clear since he missed the only concert in 37 years after catching laryngitis, possibly from meeting a fan, hence now he doesn't come into physical contact with fans. Its your friends who where not in the know who maybe caused the disappointment. So its unfair to blame it on Steve.

Thanks to Rachel for clearing up the issue with AlizarinStag and her tickets, It was nice of Prima Dona to offer help in setting things up, but I don't know why its necessary to make hurtful comments and what might be considered by some to be a veiled threat about not coming to the UK or else ... I guess you must be upset about her not taking up your offer, but AlizarinStag is embarking on an amazing adventure, she deserves to have a good time more than anyone else I know, I'm sure she doesn't need people who would be willing to make things awkward as soon as things don't go their way or jump to negative conclusions.

Phantom your being a real English gentleman ! I would gladly offer to do the same if I was well enough. I'm sorry for you it looks like you cant get to see it too, I hope you've seen him before, I saw him in St. Albans recently - I cant believe how much I enjoyed it.

AlizarinStag I hope you have a wonder full time in my sunny England :)

(ps you might want to pack an umbrella)

Re:BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS 13 years 3 months ago #2356

• cockneyrebel1
B) Solo Cat, I was not blaming anyone. I simply stated what happened, my opinion of this and how it makes me feel. No-one was blamed for anything, I assure you. B)

Re:BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS 13 years 3 months ago #2358

• Michael Carraway
Cockneyrebel1: if Steve ever sees your remarks, he must be seething, but too professional to get involved....see PHOTOS. See snaps taken with many fans, complete strangers no doubt in some cases with Steve. I have just made a brief visit to the section and Steve is seen with SANDRA,JO, KAARE, GREGOR, STEWART, GRAEME, JULIE, KAARE'S FRIEND, WERNER, KARLHEINZ, GARETH, PAUL, JULIE BROWN, STEFANIE, SEBASTIAN AND HIS FATHER, RUBY, BRIT (!), A PRETTY WOMAN AT ISLE OF MAN, ETC ETC.....There must be hundreds of opther fans' snaps in albums all over the world.
Hard to see your problem really. Did you say earlier that your mates organised a meeting and Steve refused? Isn't it being a little naive to think that Steve even knew about this? Outside the stage door...he'll always have to get away won't he! Perhaps some of those listed might speak up on Steve's behalf, show cockneyrebel1 just how much the man actually does care.

Re:BAD NEWS/GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS 13 years 3 months ago #2359

• Michael Carraway
...and I wish Alizarin a great trip to the UK. She'lll meet some great people and hear some interesting stories of experiences at Steve's brilliant concerts. We'll be at Wavendon - if we spot you, we'll buy you a drink! Michael and family