Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hello from me

Hello from me 13 years 2 months ago #2475

• Mystrex
Hello fellow Harley fans!

I've *only* just signed up on the forums, after being a SH fan for over 20 years!

I first got into Steve at the tender age of 12, listening to his Greatest Hits tape (on my dad's car stereo).

As I have got older, got a job etc, I have bought all of his albums, and I can honestly say that he is the best singer/songwriter I have ever listened to.

To quantify that statement, I may need to admit to having an extensive music collection ranging from Abba to Lil Wayne, Lady Gaga to The Village People!

I met SH at a concert in Stockton-On-Tees over a decade ago, and I was surprised how approachable he was, patiently waiting to see some of his fans after the show. I managed to get my picture taken with him and Robbie Gladwell, and I cherish that photo to this day.

Steve's music has got me through some really happy times, and on the flip side, some really, *really* hard times. His songs hold a special place in my heart, ranging from (Love) Compared With You, a song that myself and a previous girlfriend share a love of. It became our song, and I can't help but get a tear in my eye every time I listen to it.
A Friend For Life is a song that will never leave me, it reminds me again, of the same girl I shared my bed and heart with.

(Journey's End) A Father's Promise - what can I say!!! I have a 10 year old daughter that I don't get to see (for reasons that a probably best kept to myself, I don't like to speak ill of this previous love). This song hurts me every time I hear it, not because it's a bad song, but because it speaks of everything I wish I could say to my daughter, it's as if Steve knows of my situation :)

Well, I've just realised I've spent 30 minutes writing this and have got quite emotional :O

Time for me to sign off I think, and hello again from me :)
"He cries in the dungeons and tries to repent, but change is a monster and changing is hard"
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Hello from me 13 years 2 months ago #2476

• jackpot1
Hey Mystrex, welcome aboard the board!
What moving stories you have to tell - more when you can, eh!?

Re:Hello from me 13 years 2 months ago #2477

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Hello Mystrex! I send my welcome to the board as well! Hope you have a very nice time! :)
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Hello from me 13 years 2 months ago #2478

• Michael Carraway
AliZarinstag - which UK show did you choose for your Guest Tickets, courtesy SH?
We will be at 2 July indoor shows, and would like to meet up just to say "Welcome".
Michael Carraway

Re:Hello from me 13 years 2 months ago #2480

• cheri
Welcome, Mystrex. :) It seems that Steve reaches into everyone's heart in the same way. I only heard of him by accident last November and I quickly became a very passionate fan of his. He writes so many different kinds of songs, yet we all seem to love every one. :) Unfortunately, we don't have him in America. I've had to search the UK music sites to get many of the CDs and ALL of the DVDs he's put out. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I just can't get enough of Steve Harley. :D

We'd love to hear more of your stories. :)

Cheri

Re:Hello from me 13 years 2 months ago #2481

• crazy horse
welcome to the pleasure dome dude!!!