Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Which title or line from a SH song, describes you?

Which title or line from a SH song, describes you? 12 years 5 months ago #4619

• Liddyminto
  • Rediscovered Steve Harley after IndigO2 Dec 2011.
Some of you fine forum folk have taken your name from a Steve Harley song or album title - and some quote lines from Steve's songs in their profile. The question is - is there one line in any song, or any one song or album title that sums up your character, attitude or pathway through life?

I'll start...

I am a Christian, and I guess that colours all my major life decisions - and the minor choices too, so I have chosen a line from All Men are Hungry (Timeless Flight)

'to think that as we live and learn we only follow God's path'

I like to think I'm a bit subversive too so I'm looking out for a more 'urban gritty' line to share later ;)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Which title or line from a SH song, describes you? 12 years 5 months ago #4622

• essexboybilly
Great idea for a thread, Liddyminto. Just wondering, are you male or female? No more private info being sought, just curious. I am Billy - male! 50-something +!
I have twenty-somethings who have been at college, three of them, and I am always deeply touched when Mr H sings live Journey's End (A Father's Promise), especially:

"I'll be there, on the road, as the mystery unfolds,
I'll be there when you need a special friend,
I'll be there when you fear it's a never-ending road,
I'll be there at your Journey's End"

Pure simple magic. Put the way so many of us would want to put it, but never can.

Re:Which title or line from a SH song, describes you? 12 years 5 months ago #4624

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Blue eyes, blue eyes,
How can you tell so many lies?
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Which title or line from a SH song, describes you? 12 years 5 months ago #4626

• Liddyminto
  • Rediscovered Steve Harley after IndigO2 Dec 2011.
essexboybilly wrote:
Great idea for a thread, Liddyminto. Just wondering, are you male or female? No more private info being sought, just curious. I am Billy - male! 50-something +!
I have twenty-somethings who have been at college, three of them, and I am always deeply touched when Mr H sings live Journey's End (A Father's Promise), especially:

"I'll be there, on the road, as the mystery unfolds,
I'll be there when you need a special friend,
I'll be there when you fear it's a never-ending road,
I'll be there at your Journey's End"

Pure simple magic. Put the way so many of us would want to put it, but never can.

Let's face it - nearly all of us are probably 50+ !! I'm female, and like you, have two at uni. I guess it counts as a mother's promise too!

Nice choice. :)

Re:Which title or line from a SH song, describes you? 12 years 5 months ago #4628

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
'I've seen half the world in the last seven years
seen a rainbow of beauty seen a waterfall of tears,
seen a millionaire heartbroken, beside a hobo with a grin......'

could have used any line from this song,'living in a rhapsody'.
just love it,and delivered with such emotion. ;)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Which title or line from a SH song, describes you? 12 years 5 months ago #4629

• jollyroger
Agreed, great idea for a thread. Try this, which I always believed lives alongside Dylan's magnificent "I started out on Burgundy, but soon hit the harder stuff" line:

"I'd hide if I could, but I'm red in a yellow sea" - Understand from Timeless Flight

To be so exposed, so real, so true, so reliable, so honest.....I picture a sea of yellow and a small red dot, a human saying I can't hide, I am honest and true...to me lines like this (I guess I will return with more in the days or weeks to come) place Steve Harley among the great lyricists of his generation, or any of the rock world. And I mean any. Cohen, Dylan, Mitchell, Young, McCartney, Drake, Stevens (Yusef), Simon...the lot. Harley rates up there. This thread will run and run!!