Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Which title or line from a SH song, describes you?

Re:Which title or line from a SH song, describes you? 12 years 5 months ago #4622

• essexboybilly
Great idea for a thread, Liddyminto. Just wondering, are you male or female? No more private info being sought, just curious. I am Billy - male! 50-something +!
I have twenty-somethings who have been at college, three of them, and I am always deeply touched when Mr H sings live Journey's End (A Father's Promise), especially:

"I'll be there, on the road, as the mystery unfolds,
I'll be there when you need a special friend,
I'll be there when you fear it's a never-ending road,
I'll be there at your Journey's End"

Pure simple magic. Put the way so many of us would want to put it, but never can.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Which title or line from a SH song, describes you? 12 years 5 months ago #4624

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Blue eyes, blue eyes,
How can you tell so many lies?
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Which title or line from a SH song, describes you? 12 years 5 months ago #4626

• Liddyminto
  • Rediscovered Steve Harley after IndigO2 Dec 2011.
essexboybilly wrote:
Great idea for a thread, Liddyminto. Just wondering, are you male or female? No more private info being sought, just curious. I am Billy - male! 50-something +!
I have twenty-somethings who have been at college, three of them, and I am always deeply touched when Mr H sings live Journey's End (A Father's Promise), especially:

"I'll be there, on the road, as the mystery unfolds,
I'll be there when you need a special friend,
I'll be there when you fear it's a never-ending road,
I'll be there at your Journey's End"

Pure simple magic. Put the way so many of us would want to put it, but never can.

Let's face it - nearly all of us are probably 50+ !! I'm female, and like you, have two at uni. I guess it counts as a mother's promise too!

Nice choice. :)

Re:Which title or line from a SH song, describes you? 12 years 5 months ago #4628

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
'I've seen half the world in the last seven years
seen a rainbow of beauty seen a waterfall of tears,
seen a millionaire heartbroken, beside a hobo with a grin......'

could have used any line from this song,'living in a rhapsody'.
just love it,and delivered with such emotion. ;)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Which title or line from a SH song, describes you? 12 years 5 months ago #4629

• jollyroger
Agreed, great idea for a thread. Try this, which I always believed lives alongside Dylan's magnificent "I started out on Burgundy, but soon hit the harder stuff" line:

"I'd hide if I could, but I'm red in a yellow sea" - Understand from Timeless Flight

To be so exposed, so real, so true, so reliable, so honest.....I picture a sea of yellow and a small red dot, a human saying I can't hide, I am honest and true...to me lines like this (I guess I will return with more in the days or weeks to come) place Steve Harley among the great lyricists of his generation, or any of the rock world. And I mean any. Cohen, Dylan, Mitchell, Young, McCartney, Drake, Stevens (Yusef), Simon...the lot. Harley rates up there. This thread will run and run!!

Re:Which title or line from a SH song, describes you? 12 years 5 months ago #4631

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
God Liddy, great question. Good conversation starter. I really love hearing more personal stuff from people like this related to Steve's music. God, so many good ones to pick. I don't know about describing me though.

I'm not cool, I have a boring life, I don't have kids, or a significant other...I mean the music always touches me, but I don't know about describing me...

I think one could be:

You're like the elemental child
My crazy dancer, sexy wild

Don't think the sexy fits but, the rest sure.

and also:

Shift around this one-song town
Like a sparrow with a broken wing -feeling blue!
Terrified to step outside, it's so easy
To make a suicide come true
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel