Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The story behind '''The Golden Ticket''...........

Re:The story behind '''The Golden Ticket''........... 11 years 9 months ago #7022

• Maelitta
Wanted to thank you for this excellent idea of the "golden ticket". Did not win but not too disapointed as it ends up costing a fortune these concerts, traveling from France each time ;)
But ... Ahem ... I thought it was "Dave" who gave us the flyers :unsure: . Dave we met in Holmfirth. Well, I am lost with all your nicknames, surnames :laugh:
A big thank too to Mister Phantom, he'll know why.
But I will soon have the occasion to write a few words about the way I felt this night in Birmingham : tremandous concert and really great people. I just lack of time for the moment.
Thanks again Dave or Jim or Jimbo or Rebelfreak or whoever you are named ! :laugh:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The story behind '''The Golden Ticket''........... 11 years 9 months ago #7051

• paulng57
Jim, As a lifelong SH fan. I was one of the first to be on-line and get 5 tickets for Saturday nights great gig. However being a Brummie we did not need to book hotels etc. so missed out on what seemed a good get together after the show. Now for my grovel is there any chance i could have on of flyers if i covered your postage costs? my e-mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. If it is possible e-mail me and i would give you my address. However no worries if not possible, would just be a great keepsake of a great night to go with my programme and t-shirt.
Cheers Paul

Re:The story behind '''The Golden Ticket''........... 11 years 9 months ago #7052

• paulng57
Jim, As a lifelong SH fan. I was one of the first to be on-line and get 5 tickets for Saturday nights great gig. However being a Brummie we did not need to book hotels etc. so missed out on what seemed a good get together after the show. Now for my grovel is there any chance i could have on of flyers if i covered your postage costs? my e-mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. If it is possible e-mail me and i would give you my address. However no worries if not possible, would just be a great keepsake of a great night to go with my programme and t-shirt.
Cheers Paul

Re:The story behind '''The Golden Ticket''........... 11 years 9 months ago #7055

• mick_mckenzie
Same grovel as above. New on here, although i've been around since the 70s and 80s and have happy memories of places like Colne and the International 2, etc,.
So anyhow, I didn't know about the meet-up/golden ticket/Jury's, etc.. Did go to the Brass House after the gig but it was all disco-ey, so had a curry in the Manzil near the coach station where I killed time with a few ciders until the 3.10am back to Stockport. Next up is the RNCM in mancland, but if you won't be there and can post something (happy to pay postage etc.) please let me know. Email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. If you can't, no problem and enjoy the tour.
Regards, Mick

Re:The story behind '''The Golden Ticket''........... 11 years 9 months ago #7071

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
paul and mick e-mail me your addresses and i will send you a signed flyer,same for anyone else,but be quick only have around thirty left.first come first served as usual!
jim.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:The story behind '''The Golden Ticket''........... 11 years 9 months ago #7072

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
hi maelitta,no its,jim or jimbo you met at holmfirth and we all went for a curry afterwards,not sure who dave was !!
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'