Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Advice for the Foreign Chick

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 9 months ago #1807

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
my advice would be fly into gatwick,train runs from airport directly north to st. albans or i will collect you for wavendon,excellent venue for your ear holes. another option would be southend/colchester as my brother and his wife live there and have spare rooms. without asking, i would say most harley fans would be glad to put you up for a night or two.we used to have a little black book full of fan club members names and addresses exactly for this purpose, saved a fortune on hotel bills!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 9 months ago #1810

• cheri
The Phantom: That is just so unbelievably generous of you. You people on this list are just great. You're going to make AlizarinStag's trip the trip of a lifetime. :)

Cheri

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 9 months ago #1811

• crazy horse
i think if your comin all that way to see the man ,i would definatly do more than one gig ,maybe 2 or three ,there is plenty of time to make arrangements with other rebel fans who would have no problems helping you out and showing you round,and makin your stay a lot cheaper B)

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 9 months ago #1812

• crazy horse
by the way id advise you look into any gig at HOLMFIRTH ,apparently a mecca for major harleyheads

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 9 months ago #1815

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
oh yes the major venues for 'harleyheads'
holmfirth,west yorkshire
bilston .west midlands
any manchester area gig
any glasgow or edinburgh gig in scotland
southampton brook
any london gig

in fact just do the whole tour!!!
seriously tickets for any of the above and/or others will not be a problem,the fans will sort you out getting them.
some of us have been doing this for over 35 years,almost every year. you will be looked after and meet friends that will literally be for life. happy holidays,see you when you come over.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Advice for the Foreign Chick 13 years 9 months ago #1832

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Oh god you guys! You are so wonderfully helpful and kind. My mind is blown. I think I've totally been talked into seeing more than one show.

Unless more later shows pop up in the next week or three I think July is the latest I'll be able to swing it. So something like *checks list* Leamington Spa, Milton Keynes, Harrogate seem likely? Although my friend who used to live there says that the last two are rather far apart. (I want to see if I can do a Tuesday-to-Tuesday Trip) This friend also suggested that I rent a car. Hahaha I can smell impending disaster with that one.

Can you picture me with a map unfolded leaning over the front of my car with a drink in one hand and scratching my head with the other!?
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel