Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Songs Played recently -

Songs Played recently - 13 years 6 months ago #2147

• RachelPAtoSH
Either in the full-band or 3-man acoustic sets, here is a list of songs played in the last 18 months (to 17/03/2011):

FAITH & VIRTUE
PSYCHOMODO
JUDY TEEN
PANORAMA
NO BLEEDING HEARTS
TRUE LOVE WILL FIND YOU IN THE END
STAR FOR A WEEK (DINO)
THIS OLD MAN
ALL MEN ARE HUNGRY
MR RAFFLES
HERE COMES THE SUN
LORETTA'S TALE
THE LIGHTHOUSE
BLINDED WITH TEARS
MR SOFT
STRANGER COMES TO TOWN
SEBASTIAN
JOURNEY'S END
TUMBLING DOWN
MAKE ME SMILE
ALL IN A LIFE'S WORK
AUDIENCE WITH THE MAN
MY ONLY VICE
RED IS A MEAN, MEAN COLOUR
SLING IT!
TAKE THE MEN & THE HORSES AWAY
BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES
COMPARED WITH YOU (LOVE)
THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU
A FRIEND FOR LIFE
FOR SALE. BABY SHOES. NEVER WORN.
THE LAST GOODBYE
THE COAST OF AMALFI
HOW GOOD IT FEELS
RIDING THE WAVES
THE LAST FEAST

That's from my own research, 36 different songs - YOU may know better! I'll be pleased to augment the list. I understand Steve slipped in Only You at one concert, but can't get confirmation. Were you there?
Rachel
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Songs Played recently - 13 years 6 months ago #2148

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
At the risk of being ridiculed on another board for massaging Steve's ego or being a sychophant I'd like to say I'm more than happy with what I've heard at the six gigs I've been to in the last twelve months. :)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Songs Played recently - 13 years 6 months ago #2149

• stewart g
There's not a duff song in that list,and at Burnley the last gig I went to the performance and execution of the songs was sheer class.
This old Man one of the newer tracks was particulary outstanding.
It seemed to take on a new life from the recorded version and I look forward to hearing more tracks from Stranger Comes To Town live in the future :)

Re:Songs Played recently - 13 years 6 months ago #2150

• crazy horse
RACHEL around six months ago when STEVE spoke to CLASSIC ROCK about performing the first two albums in their entirety he said "his agent was looking into the logistics of the project" ,is there any chance of getting an update on this subject regardless of what decision has been made ,its just that i beleive a lot of fans would be well up for it PS hasnt CAVALIERS been played in the last eighteen months?

Re:Songs Played recently - 13 years 6 months ago #2151

• Cocnerebel
From what she has posted elsewhere on the net, Stella seems to think that people are scared to air their views on here but I do not see why that should be the case.

An opposite view to Stella is that I have been to fourteen gigs (one third of the UK shows) in the last 12 months and I have been disappointed in the set list for the last few shows, especially at Bilston, Holmfirth and Leeds.

In general people understand that Steve has to keep a core number of songs in his set list to keep up with the expectations of fans who only go to one show per tour. All that the habitual followers are asking is for an occasional nugget or two. I love the old music AND I love the new music. I would LOVE to hear "Throw The Men And Horses Away" played live (I heard it in part at Belfast but that was the soundcheck and it was not played at the actual gig). I adore "No Bleeding Hearts" but I have not heard it played since the Isle Of Wight (where it received an astonishing reception from a mainly young festival audience). At some time in the recent past it was suggested that Steve play "Muriel The Actor" (last performed live at Crystal Palace in 1976) but that hasn't happened. Why not play Ritz instead of The Lighthouse now and again, or Death Trip instead of Dino? Saturday Night At The Fair instead of Last Time I Saw You? The band know those songs and they are such excellent musicians that the rehearsals to which Stella refers elsewhere are probably unnecessary.

There was certainly an expectation in my mind that the "party" shows at Christmas and New Year would be different and they were not hence my current downer. I know that to be the case with other fans who I see regularly at gigs.

I love Steve Harley and his music, and I have done since 1974. I tell everyone I meet how good he is and have even bought CD's for them to prove it. I have bought every album, every single, every re-issue, every t-shirt, been to a large number of gigs, and hopefully will continue to do so. I am happy to listen to whatever Steve chooses to put in a set list but recently I have not had the urge to go to any shows. That is just the way I feel. If I thought I might hear "Muriel" or "Death Trip" or any one of another twenty or thirty tracks that I could name my current apathy would disappear in an instant.

As Ray Davies once wrote, everybody has a right to speak their mind so don't shoot me for speaking mine.

Re:Songs Played recently - 13 years 6 months ago #2152

• Cocnerebel
PS As a footnote to what Stewart posts above, I agree that every track listed is superb but that is because every track Steve has ever written is superb. I would just like to hear more of the ones that are lost in the mists of time!!

And, for Crazy Horse, Cavaliers has not been played for ten years or more (Blackheath, 2000, to my knowledge).