Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Manchester April 2014

Re:Manchester April 2014 11 years 3 months ago #8058

• stewart g
GedKen,Good to read you got your passport sorted out for your first visit to Manchester.You'll love it! ;)
And JollyRoger, you must have been the first to get a ticket for The Bridgewater Hall? :P All those Manchester International 2 concerts were very special. I remember all the shows had fantastic support and crowd participation! The first one in March 1989 was the one where Steve walked out at the beginning with his acoustic guitar to sing a brilliant solo The Best Years Of Our Lives to an audience who sang every word with him and took over the chorus like a footbal crowd who had just seen their team win the FA Cup. ;)
Fantastic memories and I'm sure April 2014 will be just as good. :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Manchester April 2014 11 years 3 months ago #8059

• jackpot1
Hi All. Life's been taking some ups n downs over the last year for me and my lot, and I didn't see one show, not even Birmingham, but I have got a ticket for Bridgewater Hall, on the side, choir stalls, so all will be well again!! See ya there.

Re:Manchester April 2014 11 years 3 months ago #8060

• Mr Raffles
Been to Manchester a couple of times myself. A little bit of a trek for us 'Southerners' but worth it! Very impressed with the Industrial Museum which was free to get in. Would like to visit the new War Museum and The Lowry next time i visit Manchester(perhaps next April...something's taking place there I believe!!) Talking of which, what's the capacity of the Bridgewater and are they expecting it to be a sell out? For various reasons I can't make plans just yet. Don't want to miss out thou.

Re:Manchester April 2014 11 years 3 months ago #8061

• GedKen
Cheers Stewart, I'm looking forward to the trip!

I had a look on Google's Streetview already - Jury's Inn is a stone's throw from the venue and the old Hacienda site.

Any other spots I should take in in a week-end up there?

Re:Manchester April 2014 11 years 3 months ago #8063

• GedKen
Mr Raffles wrote:
....what's the capacity of the Bridgewater and are they expecting it to be a sell out?

Hi Mr. Raffles - the capacity at the BH is 2,400. You can keep an eye on seat availability by using the link to the BH on this website......

Let's see - tickets went on sale only four/five days ago and there looks to be less than 700 seats left already! And that's before they go on sale to the general public. A Sell Out could be on the cards!

Looking at pictures of the auditorium you'll have a great view wherever you sit.

Perhaps you could buy yourself some tickets now as an early Xmas present?

PS - there is a racehorse called 'Between the lines' which has just begun racing. The racing papers advised punters to wait until it started running in 12 furlong handicaps. It ran at Kempton last week - in a 12 furlong (1 mile 4 furlong) handicap and it got up into third place at 25/1.

A couple of quid (each way) on it over the racing season could fund the Manchester treat.

PPS - erk! It's due to run over 14 furlongs tonight in the 20:55 at Yarmouth. Odds of around 8/1. Hmmmm, dunno.... maybe.

Re:Manchester April 2014 11 years 3 months ago #8064

• paulng57
Jimbo,

Me and my wife have booked up for the concert. Being from Birmingham we want to stop over in a hotel. Do we just wait now and watch out for your posts to register our interest with you when you know more?

Cheers

Paul