Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Manchester April 2014

Manchester April 2014 11 years 4 months ago #7937

• stewart g
Great to see the next performance of The Human Menagerie and The Psychomodo will be at the world famous Bridgewater Hall in Manchester next April.Fitting that Manchester has been chosen for another major event in the history of Cockney Rebel.
For it was in Manchester that in the early days late 73/early 74 that Cockney Rebel were building up their live act reputation with those renowned shows in Didsbury and Machester Uni.And of course it was in Manchester that news came of the split of the band who had played that wonderful music on those fantstic ground breaking first two albums.The final show of course of that band was held at Stretfords Hard Rock in July 1974.
Manchester's Free Trade Hall and Palace Theatre housed some of those legendary mid 70's shows ( don't mentioned the dressing room at the free trade hall!!) and then in 1989 on The Come Back All Is Forgiven shows I'd say ( but then i'm a bit biased) that it was Manchester's International 2 that really made Steve believe this was something well worth doing again! 4 times Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel played there and everone was a winner!! ;) Even Manchester's Royal Exchange has enjoyed a bit of Harley magic with a superb acoustic show in the late 1990's.
Then there was the Bridgewater Hall,this will be the third time Steve Harley has played there I'm sure it will be a sell out like before but this time we are in for something very special.
Those two albums are made for playing live with an Orchestra and Choir any one lucky enough to see the albums performed at The Symphony Hall in Birmingham will know that we are in for a great treat in April 2014..check out some of the Youtube clips of the show..you'll get the picture. :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Manchester April 2014 11 years 4 months ago #7938

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Very well said Stewart, if i'm able I will be there, nah bollocks, I'll see you there, count on it my rebel friends. xxxx

Re:Manchester April 2014 11 years 4 months ago #7940

• leonacht
Will we be able to choose the seats while ordering tickets via internet? We are not well known / familiar with ordering tickets in the UK . Thanks in advance for your information .
L&S

Re:Manchester April 2014 11 years 4 months ago #7941

• leonacht
next question : maybe a good suggestion for a comfortable hotel close to the Bridgewater hall ? L&S

Re:Manchester April 2014 11 years 4 months ago #7942

• essexboybilly
Leo, there will be a SEAT PLAN when you log on to the website for tickets, I bet. And you hold your mouse over the ones you want and click!! You won't have any problem...and I voted for MMS and Sebastian in the Belgian chart of Top 100, well done for bring it to our attention.
Hoping a fan convention might be organised at Jury's Hotel near the venue - that's where we'll be.
Phantom, me and my wife wish you all the best in your treatment and recovery. See you in Manchester next April - FOR SURE!!! Yes you can, eh!!!
Billy

Re:Manchester April 2014 11 years 4 months ago #7944

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Hi everyone,
I will,once again be organising a large block of rooms for all the fans who want to be together on the night of the Manchester concert, as in Birmingham.
The Jurys inn will hopefully be the hotel of choice again,if not another of equal quality close to the venue.Apparently availability of large blocks of rooms on a Saturday in that vicinity are subject to whether Manchester United are playing at home or not!! (honestly,as they require X amount of rooms for every home game).It is beyond me how a minor institution like Man.Utd could take precedence over STEVE HARLEY AND COCKNEY REBEL, its a mystery(as Toyah Wilcox would say).
So in a nutshell,bear with me before you book a hotel,as the success of last year should give us another negotiating tool with Jury's for room discounts.
The football fixtures are due out on Wednesday 19th June at 09.00 am, so soon after that I should be able to sort things out again.
Rachel at Comeuppance,and of course Steve himself,have asked me to organise this again,so hopefully those who were with us last time,and also those who were not will join us for another after gig 'party'.
I will be in touch with Rachel to see if we can organise a 'special prize' for someone again.
Last time Kathy phillips from the USA won two tickets to a gig of her choice for this year,so hopefully Rachel and Steve will be forthcoming again.
Cheers all see you at a gig near you soon !
Holmfirth,Bilston,MK, etc etc.
JIMBO.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'