& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Brum Tickets

Re:Brum Tickets 12 years 2 months ago #5751

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Michael Carraway wrote:
What a great message to read, Gerry gets a ticket for the event of the yeaR and Cheri must feel great for helping... Gerry - suggest "cash on the night" cos it costs to transfer UK money to the States, both ends pay! I believe Cheri is staying in the UK after the event for The Stables, so she might be glad of the cash. sorry if I am interfering, guys..but seems like the best for both of you.

Paypal's easy too if both Cheri and Gerry have a Paypal account.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Brum Tickets 12 years 2 months ago #5756

• cheri
GedKen wrote:
Crikey - yes please. That would be great Cheri.

My address is:

Gerry Kennedy,
41 Leicester Road,
Wanstead,
London E11 2DW

More than happy to pay for the ticket of course. Um, what is the best way of getting the money to you?

Gerry
Gerry, are you going to the concert at The Stables? You could give me the money then. Or, even better, are you staying at Jury's Inn for the November 24 concert? We could meet and you could give me cash.

My first thought was sending a check in the mail. Didn't know there was a charge to both parties for doing that. I'll try to get the ticket to you as soon as possible. :)

Cheri

Re:Brum Tickets 12 years 2 months ago #5758

• GedKen
Cheers Michael, ta for the advice.

It just gets better! Sure 'cash on the night' is great. Been playing the first two albums a few times in anticipation. Never thought I would ever see/hear 'Ritz', 'What Ruthy said', 'Bed in the corner', 'Singular Band'.... - let alone with a full orchestra!

Looking back through the record collection I began to indulge myself.... mainly thinking about seeing similar double album gigs to this one; perhaps coupling 'Best Years..' with 'Prima Donna' and/or 'Timeless Flight'? Then the two from around the time Steve spent in California 'Hobo..' and 'The Candidate'....

And, as we know, after the seventh studio album the Lord rested for a while.... (but, thankfully, continued to tour).

After a few years (and a few wonderful singles) we've had a kind of Second coming.... (or days of rapture if you like) ever since the 'Come Back All Is Forgiven' tour really.

Time to stick on another album I think; I'm beginning to get carried away again.

Cheers, Gerry

Re:Brum Tickets 12 years 2 months ago #5760

• Hertsman
Amen to that, a London date playing those 2 iconic masterpiece albums would truly be a thing of wonder.
It doesn't get much better than that.
Make it happen SH :cheer:

Re:Brum Tickets 12 years 2 months ago #5763

• Cocnerebel
Why London??????

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Re:Brum Tickets 12 years 2 months ago #5766

• GedKen
Hi Cheri,

I will check out Jury's Inn and other abodes, certainly I will be hunkering down somewhere in Birmingham that night so I can happily stump up the cash. I do want to get to the Stables gig - it always sells out when Steve plays there. I caught the acoustic show at Colchester last time around. Great night, great gig, and I had'nt seen Steve so relaxed, open and chatty with his audience. Mind you it was a bit of a homecoming for him, and I really loved the layout of the the local Mercury theatre and the staff there were so friendly and welcoming.... and they had a really good bar as well. What a contrast - the massive, massive Birmingham experience and the intimate Stables gig. You won't forget either.