Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 5 months ago #7775

• Pandorah
OMG Cheri that ski trip you took , sounded horrifying ! so glad you didn't sustain more serious injuries . I actually broke one of my tendons exactly two years ago to date ! and was in a splint for months !
back and forth to the hospital for months on end , was a right pain ! and it's still not 100% I have to be really careful not to put any pressure on it ! and when it gets cold it aches ! it's amazing how essential one finger can be ! I was most incapacitated by its none function ! take my advice Cheri keep the splint on at all times and do not attempt to lift a finger ! ( ha so to speak ) till its healed . trust me . mine took for ever because I thought it would never fix ! by just keeping it straight ! so I kept taking the splint off the see if it was straight! or if it was still flopped over where it broke ! oh and it hurt like hell ! it's just like an elastic band in there that just attaches to the bone ! amazing really how it works ! anyway I do feel for you ! I know exactly what you've got to contend with! just keep with it !
God Bless ya

hmmm ! now i'll have a think about covers !
bed cover s ! it's late :-)
tomorrow I'll think of song covers maybe ! :-)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 5 months ago #7776

• stewart g
Cheri,I've never been on a Ski trip and never will having read about your trip! Hope things start healing very quickly and you get back to full fitness asap!
I only posted on the board as I was a little worried the items had got lost in the post as some of it is irreplaceable to us Rebel fans. :) So it's great it got through to you.
Re the pictures..sorry perhaps I should have put some dates on the back..all I can say is they are all from some time in the last 40 years taken at different times.
;) Thought you'd like the ticket and that at least does have a date on it!! ;)
God Bless and Thanks again for the Kind words....my worlds a better place because of the great Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel fans out there! :)

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 5 months ago #7777

• joanna
Shake the Tree and see what falls. :)

I hadnt quite meant a WHOLE album of covers... B) No no no ... just the odd little number thrown in.
Mr Harley must have lots of new material gathered waiting to be translated into more enjoyment for us. :dry:
I am thinking the communication through this medium can be interpreted differently too.
Just not the same as talking face to face eh?
jo
Smile x

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 5 months ago #7781

• cheri
Pandorah wrote:
OMG Cheri that ski trip you took , sounded horrifying ! so glad you didn't sustain more serious injuries . I actually broke one of my tendons exactly two years ago to date ! and was in a splint for months !
back and forth to the hospital for months on end , was a right pain ! and it's still not 100% I have to be really careful not to put any pressure on it ! and when it gets cold it aches ! it's amazing how essential one finger can be ! I was most incapacitated by its none function ! take my advice Cheri keep the splint on at all times and do not attempt to lift a finger ! ( ha so to speak ) till its healed . trust me . mine took for ever because I thought it would never fix ! by just keeping it straight ! so I kept taking the splint off the see if it was straight! or if it was still flopped over where it broke ! oh and it hurt like hell ! it's just like an elastic band in there that just attaches to the bone ! amazing really how it works ! anyway I do feel for you ! I know exactly what you've got to contend with! just keep with it !
God Bless ya

hmmm ! now i'll have a think about covers !
bed cover s ! it's late :-)
tomorrow I'll think of song covers maybe ! :-)
Deborah, thank you so much for your concern. This splint is a real pain in the neck. I CAN'T take it off to check the finger because the doctor said that if I do, the tendon will break again and set the clock back to zero, meaning that I will have to wear the splint for another two months!! It actually doesn't hurt too much; my forehead (where I scraped it) and my rib hurt way more. Scott is proud of me for trying to ski but he says that I probably shouldn't ski again until I have health insurance. He, of course, is an avid skier and has been since he was about 7 years old.

It's great to hear from you. I hope life is going well for you and that we can connect in England again sometime. Not sure that this is the best year for me since I will have to incur some expensive moving expenses, plus a wedding. BUT, if Steve is going to play The Stables again with his full rock band, that would be a hard thing to pass up. I would hope that he is going to play some more concerts around that time so that I can see him more than just once. It's a very expensive endeavor to travel to England to see him, but he's my passion and you only go around life once, so if you feel passionate about someone or something and have the opportunity to take advantage of it, I feel that you MUST. :D

Take care, Deborah. We will keep in touch. :)

Cheri

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 5 months ago #7784

• joanna
Cheri.
Little tip
TRY snow boarding next time .......... at least the legs are tied together too.
Easy AND you get to " sit down" hee hee
Smile x

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 5 months ago #7786

• cheri
joanna wrote:
Cheri.
Little tip
TRY snow boarding next time .......... at least the legs are tied together too.
Easy AND you get to " sit down" hee hee
Thanks for the tip, Jo! :} I DID see a LOT of snowboarders there, almost more than skiers. They looked like they were having a lot of fun.

Take care and talk with you soon. :)

Cheri