Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 4 months ago #7919

• stewart g
Great story Mark! :)
I think the gig was 22 FEB 1991 ? South Lakeland Leisure Centre in Kendal.
I remember it was a lousy Friday night lashing with rain ( Typical lancashire and Lakes weather in winter!)the journey with Mrs G seemed to take an age but it was well worth it!
I think it may have been a charity show? and how about this for a set list....
Audience With The Man
Irresistible
Mr Raffles
Mr Soft
Roll The Dice
Star For A Week ( Dino)
Riding The Waves
The Lighthouse
Father And Son
New- Fashioned Way
Tumbling Down
The Alibi
Here Comes The Sun
Make Me Smile
Promises
Sebastian
Victim Of Love
Dancing On The Telephone
Sweet Dreams
Psychomodo
Sling It!
loves A Prima Donna

And the cost of the ticket? £6.50 !!!! ;)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 4 months ago #7920

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Thanks Stewart, it was Feb 91 and you're right, It chucked it down!!. It was a charity affair but cannot recall the cause. I do remember Robbie,Billy & Nick mounting the small stage which held the drums towards the close of The Alibi and leaping off together for the final twang! Victim of love was a bit heavier in those days too. Paul Andrews told me it took 9 hours from London to Kendal and I believed him.(he must have meant in his crappy old van) I got there in 3 !! This meant I had to spend 6 hours or so in the pub. yippee.

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 4 months ago #7925

• cheri
THE PHANTOM wrote:
Thanks Stewart, it was Feb 91 and you're right, It chucked it down!!. It was a charity affair but cannot recall the cause. I do remember Robbie,Billy & Nick mounting the small stage which held the drums towards the close of The Alibi and leaping off together for the final twang! Victim of love was a bit heavier in those days too. Paul Andrews told me it took 9 hours from London to Kendal and I believed him.(he must have meant in his crappy old van) I got there in 3 !! This meant I had to spend 6 hours or so in the pub. yippee.
Love ya, Phantom and am thinking of you. I'm saying prayers for you. We WILL meet up again!

Much love, Cheri

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 3 months ago #8041

• janeydoll
Loved Steve`s version of Father and Son,that was superb.Closing Time by Leonard Cohen with Barry on Violin would be excellent.Steve`s got that Poetic Voice too.

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 3 months ago #8055

• joanna
Hi JANEYDOLL

Ahhhh of course. "Closing time" yes that would work too...possibly too country... for me though.

Loving the lyrics to "Alexandra leaving",but Im not quite sure how that would fit with Mr H vocals?
Thoughts?
Smile x