Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 4 months ago #7909

• GedKen
Hi Joanna,

re: covers - just caught Cat Stevens's 'Father and son' on the radio. Now there's a song that might be a perfect fit for Steve? I can imagine him standing on stage performing it a la 'Stranger comes to town'.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 4 months ago #7910

• GrahamEd
Gedken....er...I think I agree.
In fact, early 90s, Steve did a stunning version of that very song I seem to recall- at a couple of shows at least. Leeds Irish Centre seems to ring a bell?
Graham

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 4 months ago #7913

• GedKen
Thanks Graham, I've simply missed far too many gigs. Wished I had caught that moment.

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 4 months ago #7914

• stewart g
I was lucky enough to see Father And Son performed over 3 consecutive nights in November 1990.Leeds Irish Centre,Manchester International 2 and The Dominion in London.I think Steve really cracked it with the live version and was sure at the time he'd record a cover of the great song! I remember the band line up in 1990 included ( i think) Nick Pynn on Violin,Robbie on guitar and was it Paul Frances on drums and Billy Dyer on Bass and Ian Nice on keyboards?
I used to love the cover versions that would appear from time to time around those days (89/90)....The Way You Do The Things You do,My Girl and Father And Son being particular fav's! ;)

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 4 months ago #7915

• joanna
:) Thanks Gedken for the imput .... is there nothing you chaps dont know?
Minds of info indeed.
jo.

p.s Queitly asks ?anyone going to london to see LCohen 21st June.? Im not yet decided. :unsure:
Smile x

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 4 months ago #7917

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Stewart G is spot on with the band members circa 89/90. I went to nearly all of the gigs around that time. paul Francis was definately on drums cos at a gig in Kendal, Stuart Elliott was in the audience and Paul & Kim who ran the fan club in those days, cheekily got Stuart to mind the stall while we went up front to watch Steve.