Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 5 months ago #7767

• cheri
joanna wrote:
:)
Hey cheri... how are you?
True ..... yes. I remember those.

Im just listening to some Cohen the last few days. Family moaning at my music choices!!! :laugh:
Im not quite sure why it has appeared uppermost on the ipod now. I used to listen to him all the time 78-79..when I defected... gosh what a thing to admit to and on here of all places.
Trust all went well on the skiis and not too many bruises.
Catch you soon. Jo
Well, actually, regarding the skiing, I had a bad fall the day before I was due to fly home. I was skiing down a trail that I had never skied before and it was over my comfort level. It started out really steep, which terrified me, then leveled out some. I was skiing side to side to try to slow myself down. BUT THEN, the ground started dropping. I was going too fast and I couldn't stop or slow down. I started going even faster and was heading straight for a chair lift. I was just trying to stay upright when I landed face down in the snow. I scraped and bruised my forehead, hurt my rib and broke a finger!!! I was asked if I wanted to see a medic but I wasn't aware of how badly I had hurt myself; thought that maybe I just sprained a finger. I skiied twice more, then, shaken and wobbly, started to lose my technique and began to fall down. I made it down a steep hill and said, "I'm done!" Went to return my rental skis and boots, etc., removed my gloves and saw my bent finger. I went to the clinic, they x-rayed my finger and determined that I broke it. Funnily enough, my head and rib hurt more than the broken finger. Now I'm wearing a splint for TWO MONTHS! I have to keep my finger totally straight because I broke a tendon and if it bends at all, the tendon will break again and the clock will be set back to zero; i.e., another two month stint with the splint. I am typing right now with the splint on. It's a pain in the neck. I don't think I will be skiing again until I have health insurance!

A Steve Harley cover album would be a great idea. I just bought another copy of "The Quality of Mercy" to give to a musician in Montana who plays all over the Northwest United States. I have told him about Steve and he said that he would be willing to try to learn some of the songs from the album and play them!!! :D But most of all, we need Steve himself playing here with his full rock band. It would knock the socks off people here. :)

Joanna, I hope to talk with you soon. Hope you are doing well.

Love, Cheri
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 5 months ago #7768

• stewart g
Cheri,welcome back! did the Mr Raffles sheet music I sent get to you ok?

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 5 months ago #7771

• Hobo With A Grin.
I don't understand the clamour for cover versions when there are so many songs in the back catalogue we haven't heard for years.
Maybe an album of re-worked old songs would be a good idea ?

Leave the cover versions to the has-beens like McCartney, Rod Stewart and Bryan Ferry with their American Songbook rubbish.

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 5 months ago #7772

• GedKen
Hobo With A Grin. wrote:
I don't understand the clamour for cover versions when there are so many songs in the back catalogue we haven't heard for years.
Maybe an album of re-worked old songs would be a good idea ?

Leave the cover versions to the has-beens like McCartney, Rod Stewart and Bryan Ferry with their American Songbook rubbish.

Ah, yes if only Hobo. I do like the covers Steve takes on, but I would love to hear any of the really early songs, at the very beginning, that never made it as far as the Human Menagerie. I've come across references to several early song titles. Lost treasures? Of course.

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 5 months ago #7773

• cheri
stewart g wrote:
Cheri,welcome back! did the Mr Raffles sheet music I sent get to you ok?
Stewart, I am overwhelmed by your generosity. I did get the sheet music and the other memorabilia when I arrived back in California on March 22 or so. The reason I have taken so long in responding is because I have a broken finger, hurt rib and bruised forehead from a skiing accident. The splint that my orthopedist put on my finger is at least allowing me to type. I just can't thank you enough for everything. I am sure that many of the things you sent me are precious to you and I am so, so very grateful that you thought of me to pass them on to. I intend to send you a proper thank you note to let you know how very dearly I hold the memorabilia to my heart. Harley fans are the best in the world. You didn't have to do what you did, but I am so very touched that you did. I have real friends here and it is so touching to me that you are all so very kind and generous. It must come from the man himself, eh? God Bless you, Stewart, and I will get a proper thank you note to you for your kindness. Like I say, I am just overwhelmed. One question: the photos didn't have any writing on the backs. How do I tell when and where they were taken? Did you take them yourself? A friend and I opened the envelope together and we were just overtaken with what was inside. God Bless You and I hope that you and your family (especially Jack) are doing well. I'll keep in touch on the forum as well. :D

Cheri

Re:COVERS for Mr Harley ....lets SHAKE THE TREE 11 years 5 months ago #7774

• Pandorah
OMG Cheri that ski trip you took , sounded horrifying ! so glad you didn't sustain more serious injuries . I actually broke one of my tendons exactly two years ago to date ! and was in a splint for months !
back and forth to the hospital for months on end , was a right pain ! and it's still not 100% I have to be really careful not to put any pressure on it ! and when it gets cold it aches ! it's amazing how essential one finger can be ! I was most incapacitated by its none function ! take my advice Cheri keep the splint on at all times and do not attempt to lift a finger ! ( ha so to speak ) till its healed . trust me . mine took for ever because I thought it would never fix ! by just keeping it straight ! so I kept taking the splint off the see if it was straight! or if it was still flopped over where it broke ! oh and it hurt like hell ! it's just like an elastic band in there that just attaches to the bone ! amazing really how it works ! anyway I do feel for you ! I know exactly what you've got to contend with! just keep with it !
God Bless ya

hmmm ! now i'll have a think about covers !
bed cover s ! it's late :-)
tomorrow I'll think of song covers maybe ! :-)